Chapter 3

Y/N P.O.V

I held my hands out in front of me, concentrating on my magic. My eyebrows furrowed. "Aghhhh!!" I groaned loudly. "I can't seem to get it," I pouted, puffing out my cheeks. His footsteps echoed as Zeldris walked over to me.

"Your mind is clouded. Your mind has to be clear. Right now, you're focused on getting your magic to work. You need to calm yourself. What makes you happy? Think about that," came Zeldris's words of advice.

I smirked. There was an opportunity. An opportunity to make him flustered!! Zeldris has always been very cold. I've never seen him flustered before.....

I turned around to face him, purposely putting my hands behind my back. I floated a small inch above the ground, just enough to look down at Zeldris.

"What makes me happy?" I mumbled, thinking intensely. "I know!" I gasped. "You make me happy, Zeldris," I smiled sweetly. His dark eyes widened slightly. "Are we sure that you're not related to Meliodas?" Zeldris chuckled softly.

I gasped playfully. "Me?! Are you suggesting that I'm a pervert? I'm a goddess for goodness sake!" I laughed. I gasped, putting a hand over my heart. "That blummin' perverted demon is rubbing off on me-" I mumbled.

A small chuckle left him. I turned to face a single tree, holding my hands out in front of me once again. I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath. Suddenly, a burst of light erupted from my hands in the shape of a spear. The clash of wood echoed.

I opened my eyes slowly. My [E/C] eyes widened, a big smile creeping into my face. It hit it! "I did it!" I exclaimed in shock. My eyes were practically shining.

Zeldris clapped before walking over. "That's enough for today. You were finally able to control your power. I'm proud," he mumbled the last sentence. I didn't say anything aloud, but I heard him, a small hint of pink dusting my cheeks.

I opened my mouth to speak when a strong magical presence invaded our senses. I looked up towards the sky, eyes wide. "That's Ludociel's magical signature...." I muttered in shock. I turned to Zeldris and sighed softly. "I suppose you should go. Ludociel wouldn't be happy if he saw us together,"

Zeldris simply nodded. "That would be for the best. I'll see you again soon, [Y/N]," his wings of darkness formed and he flew off. It felt lonely without him with me. I didn't want him to leave.....but it was for the best...

If the Demon King heard about this, Zeldris may face the same fate as Meliodas....

...A traitor...

"[Y/N]? What are you doing out here?" I looked behind me, catching sight of Ludociel landing on the ground. "Umm!!" I struggled to find a way to explain. "I-I was t-training! Yeah!- I...uh- was just trying to gain better control of my magic,"

"I see....." his eyebrow raised. He didn't believe me.....did he? I was afraid of that...

The arch-angel looked around the area, as if he was looking for something- no- someone...

"Did you run into any trouble out here? It's not very safe in the forest. Demons lurk around every corner," his last sentence was laced with vemon. I shook my head. "Not at all. What are you implying? I didn't encounter any demons out here. I've made sure to mask my presence!" I cheered.