Chapter 23

Music is Recommended
Y/N P.O.V

My eyebrows furrowed. Something didn't feel right. My body felt tense and my mind felt troubled. Time felt like it was still. Before I had realised it, Zeldris and Cusack had walked inside.

I slowly took each step towards the edge of the balcony. A gentle breeze blew, small flower petals scattered in it. I cupped my hands around a single petal. I analyzed the petal, soon realizing that it belonged to a gloxinia flower.

"But- gloxinia's don't normally grow at this time of year," I muttered softly to myself, looking up at the clouds. My eyes slowly widened, when a memory came across my mind.

My wings unsheathed themselves and flew myself into the air. My wings flapped as fast as they could. Tears slowly welled up in my eyes. They whiped past my cheeks the wind blew hard against my face as I flew.

'All of my other memories were clear as day, so why wasn't this one?

There were two figured. One was petite and the other was very muscular and much bigger than the other. I could see a faint silhouette of a smile.

But the only other detail I could make out was faint strands of red hair..'

"No....please don't let me be right...-" I cried to myself. I tried to keep most of my tears contained. I wasn't sure if it was true. There has to be some hope. There has to be!!

Slowly, my worst fear came to life.

I came upon a small clearing. At this moment, I allowed the tears to fall. Gently lowering myself to the ground, I faced the scene before me with a quivering lip.

Drole's unconscious body lay on the ground. His arm and left leg were severed. Blood coated his body and a stab wound was on his chest, bleeding severely.

Not much further, was Gloxinia's body. His amber eyes were dull and a small smile graced his face. The same exact chest wound was inflicted on Gloxinia. The worst sight was, his beautiful and lively wings were now cut and dull, without even a small glow to them.

I felt my body go limp, falling to my knees beside Gloxinia. A shadow covered my eyes while my hands shook. My tears fell onto his cold chest.

"H-hey, Gloxi," my voice shook as the tears fell down my face. "Hey Drole, not sure if you can hear me-....but I remember now," I smiled softly. "I wish that I could've seen you both after I regained my memories," I chuckled softly.

"It's sad really, you've always been here for me, but the one time I'm laying in a bed sick, you two idiots go and die on me!" I laughed to mask the pain. "Guess you guys can finally meet Ace.....he was one of the people that helped me regain my happiness after all that happened, but I couldn't protect him either....."

A small drop of water landed on my cheek. "I love you guys! I just wish that I could've said that to you! You all saw me at my worst when I tried to hurt Meliodas. That must've been hard, knowing all that we've been through together,"

I gently took Gloxinia's broken wings in my hands and moved them to a small spot. "Do you remember when I was a small child? You two would always be put on babysitting duty,"