Chapter 18

Y/N P.O.V

I silently watched the battle as it commenced. My eyes widened at the sight of Escanor gaining his muscles? "What?!" I exclaimed in shock. A grand light shone brightly. It almost rivaled the sun. "That power! Magic like this rivals Estarossa's!"

My eyes widened. "What?! How could someone even come close to Estarossa's power level!?" I exclaimed. "Impossible," Drole muttered. All of us were in utter shock, unsure of what was about to ensue.

"Now look at this! That's what I call an unexpected comeback! This is what a festival is all about!" Gloxinia gushed with a huge smile on his face.

"For the great sin of toying with other's hearts, you will now atone with your flesh!" Escanor shouted proudly. Gowther summoned his own magic arrow and attacked. They both attacked at the same time, emitting a bright light.

I heard Gloxinia gasp. He immediately wrapped his arms around me protectively. Before any of us had time to react, the attack had reached us, blinding us all.

Jericho shouted at Gowther with tears in her eyes. "How can you still say that?! That is what was really in Escanor's heart!" She pointed down at us.

..........

Author P.O.V

..........

Gowther glanced down at the scene in front of him. Where the trio stood was a huge crater. Drole lay unconscious and Gloxinia was unconscious, but he held Y/N's unconscious body in his arms. Gowther looked back at Escanor with a blank expression, unsure of what to think.

Drole slowly opened his eyes and grit his teeth. 'How?! We were so distracted by the festival that we didn't even think that he could be aiming at us!' Drole thought.

Ban looked around and was shocked to see Meliodas in the middle of all the action. Drole and Meliodas began to engage in a fight.

While the two spoke, Gowther held Escanor in his arms. "Why would you do this?" He asked. Escanor slowly opened his eyes and tried his best to speak. "Gowther, even if you don't have a heart, you're one of my fellow friends in the Seven Deadly Sins...I couldn't let them get away with toying with my friends heart," he explained.

"Although, I fear that I may have hurt another fellow comrade in the process," he closed his eyes again with a sigh. "You're contradicting yourself," Gowther replied. "Have you forgotten that I still have no heart?" Escanor chuckled softly. "Really? Are you sure?"

Gloxinia  summoned up the courage and was able to use his Droplet of Life. He chuckled softly as he sat up. He sat you up and used the Droplet of Life again. He let out a sigh of relief as he saw you open your eyes.

..........

Y/N P.O.V

..........

"Gloxinia?" I mumbled. I looked out to see Drole and Meliodas engaged in a fight. Something inside of me snapped. I chuckled michivously and pushed myself to my feet. Make him bleed. The demon markings continued to mess with my mind.

"Sorry Gloxi, but I can't just stand by and watch you both have all the fun~" I snickered. The demon markings crawled up my neck and I laughed. Setting my wings free, I flew over.