Chapter 24

Y/N P.O.V

Not long after, I made the journey back to Camelot Castle. I landed on the balcony gracefully, hiding my wings. I opened the door, a large creaking sound echoing throughout.

I walked past the throne room, spotting Zeldris in the corner of my eye. "Zel? What are you doing?" I asked with a tilt of my head. Zeldris sat on the throne, legs crossed with a smug look. "You have something in mind, don't you? You never look that smug unless your planning something-" I deadpanned.

"Meliodas is near," I now stood next to him with a confused stare. "What do you-"

The door crashed upon, sending a large gust of wind our way, causing me to place my arms in front of my face. "Zeldris-," I opened my eyes wide. "-Long time no see,"

Meliodas walked down the hallway, Elizabeth beside him, Chandler following not to far behind. I glanced down at Zeldris to only see his smirk grow.

"Here's the traitor wandering right into enemy territory. That's quite a bold move," Zeldris smirked. "And it would appear that he's brought that immortal goddess back with him as well. How could you let such a thing happen on your watch, Pacifier Demon?" Cusack spat from the other side of Zeldris.

A shiver ran down my spine. I bent down towards Zeldris's ear and whispered. "I'll take that as a sign that Cusack doesn't know about me being a goddess- " I chuckled softly. Zeldris gave a swift nod.

"I was completely against it!" Chandler raised his voice. "We should dispose of this woman as soon as possible!" Chandler continued. "Shut your mouth, Chandler, that's enough!" Meliodas spat back.

This isn't the Meliodas I remember.....his curse really has taken away his emotions....

"This is just a simple errand, I'm here to become the next Demon King," Meliodas declared with a straight face. I let out a gasp. "Mel-! Please reconsider!" I exclaimed.

"No." Zeldris growled. "I'll be the one to become the next Demon King," Zeldris spat back. I turned my attention to him immediately. He looks so serious about it....

"Zeldris! You can't!" I was interrupted when a new voice entered the throne room. "I can't believe what I'm hearing. Surely, you weren't planning to leave me out of all this," Estarossa emerged from the darkness with a demon by his side. "Us brothers are all we have in this world, right? Through to be perfectly honest, I'm not interested in the throne,"

"But if you're going to fight over it- I'll throw my hat in the ring," Estarossa finished with a tilt of his head and a smirk. His eyes glanced at me for a split second. "Y/N...." I immediately felt a pang of fear run through me. The way he looked at me-! It was as if he was staring right into my very being-!

Something about his gaze was is so ominous. He was staring directly at me as well. I could see it....there's no fooling me.....he was the one that killed Meliodas....but why does he feel so familiar.

I winced as a small pang of pain rang though my head. Immediately, all further thought left my mind.

"Estarossa, so you're alive," Meliodas started slowly. Elizabeth turned to glance at Estarossa with a gasp. "You're looking pretty good big brother- oh! No way! Are you Elizabeth?!" Estarossa shouted in shock.