Chapter 39

Y/N P.O V

The wind blew harsh whilst we stared each other down. The Demon King smirked. Meliodas cracked his knuckles to prepare himself. Elizabeth stood beside us, every intention to fight.

I took in a deep breath and stretched out my arms. There was no way I could allow myself to loose. Everyone has sacrificed so much for me. The least I could do is free everyone from their chains....even if I'm not in that final picture..

Meliodas ran forward, attempting a punch. As a result, the Demon King jumped into the air, his black hair flowing behind him.

"You fool. You say that there is not even room for one Demon King? So what now? Do you intend to wipe out your father and little brother as well as yourself?!" The Demon King roared.

"No. It's enough if only I dissapear from this world. I'm going to save Zeldris no matter what! You're the one that's going to die here!" Meliodas yelled, determination increasing at every sentence.

"Enough!" The Demon King grew angry, sending a dark beam of light at the lake. Water crashed up, creating a mist around the lake.

In a split second, I felt a cold hand wrap around my neck. Tch- he was smart in leaving me with no room to move. His would is still bleeding after all.

"You're a fool for bringing them along when you knew they could be used against you," the Demon King smirked, thinking he had the upper hand. "With your precious lover and sharp tongued friend in my grasp, you won't dare lay a finger on me,"

Meliodas said nothing and stayed quiet. "Easy now; one step at a time-" he was cut off my Elizabeth's soft laughs. I smiled, knowing full well what Elizabeth was capable off.

"I didn't come here to be used as a shackle on him. I came to defeat you," she looked back at him with a straight face. "Ark!" He was covered in a shining light, forcing him to let go of us.

"Foolishness. Do you honestly think this petty attack of yours will defeat me?" He laughed. Elizabeth lifted him up into the air, high above the ground before bashing him into the lake several times, over and over.

"I'd take her seriously if I were you. Those who didn't came to regret it," Meliodas spoke darkly. I nodded in agreement. "Where I come from, Elizabeth had another title; Bloody Ellie," I smirked.

Elizabeth's hair flowed behind her as she left behind all kindness and mercy. "Burst!" The Ark burst, just as it said and the Demon King had received some scratches.

"Your concern for your little brother keeps holding you back and while you toil in that predicament, my powers are slowly recovering from the grace of this lake," Daroness began to surrond the Demon King, crawling up his arms and legs until it consumed him.

"There is one conclusion. Victory is already mine,"

I sighed, placing my hands on my hips. "And who decided that? Last time I checked, you were nothing more than a dead beet dead that only thinks about his own power," I scoffed.

"You foolish goddess. I am God. I am untouchable!" He growled back at me. Meliodas took slow steps forward with his sacred treasure alongside him.