Chapter 38

Y/N P.O.V

Before the party that night, I had left and flown away into the starry night. (After changing into my regular outfit) The flight was lonely, yet, something also made me happy.

Elizabeth and Meliodas were free. King and Diane were doing well. Ban had Elaine back. And Gowther, Escanor, and Merlin were all happy and content with their lives.

All I had to do was find Zeldris.....but I had a sinking feeling that things weren't over yet.

The next day soon passed. I stopped when a dark presense phased through Liones. My eyes widened. "This magical power....belongs to the Demon Realm...." I muttered in shock.

The pieces all connected.

The Demon King was not yet dead..

I set off again, tracing the source of the new magical power.

Zeldris....I know that...my bond with you....will lead me straight to you!

So please....wait for me! Don't the Demon King have your body!

I forced my wings to fly as fast as they could. Slowly, Zeldris's power signature was closer. I soon recognised where it was leading me: the Magical Lake of Salisbury.

The lake was in view and it was just as I predicted.

"DEMON KING!"

I shouted angrilly. He looked up into the sky with a skirk. "I knew it wouldn't take long for you to show up, tainted goddess," he cackled.

My eye twitched. "You know exactly why I came," my voice was devoid of all emotions but anger. Slowly, I extended my arm out in front of me.

"Give Zeldris back."

My right eye slowly faded from its E/C to a dark black and purple gradient. Both of my eyes were the typical demon color. All signs of me once being a goddess were gone.

"What do you intend to do alone?" The Demon King smirked. I stayed silent and landed on the water, my feet making little ripples. The water below me rippled as I gracefully took small steps towards the Demon King.

I looked up at him with souless, distant eyes. "I assume that you're not going to give Zeldris back peacefully," my voice was like a doll's. My movements were as if I was a puppet on a string.

A creepy smirk crept up my face. "This'll be fun, Demon King," I threw a punch to his face. His whole head was thrown back. I jumped and punched him relentlessly, laughing hysterically.

5

10

15

20

He grasped my hand and stopped my attack. I let out a hysterical giggle. "Are you having fun in our game? You're the one that made my curse. YOU SHOULD'VE EXPECTED THIS!" I shouted, kicking his stomach, causing him to spit up blood and let me go.

I jumped back and stood up straight, letting my arms hang creepily. "You know, Meliodas actually offered me a place in the Sins once: the Dove Sin of Insanity," I smirked.