Chapter 34

Y/N P.O.V

Slowly, we all began to put together the pieces.

This was not the Meliodas we all knew.

Zeldris slowly pushed off of me and forced himself on one knewe. "Meliodas, I kept my promise. Now lift her curse!" Zeldris cried out harshly.

Meliodas began to laugh. "Oh Zeldris, does your heart still belong to that tainted goddess?" He smirked.

Zeldris let out a hitched gasp. "Even for Meliodas and you, this talk of promises is exhausting," Meliodas sighed.

"This can't be- why are you in Meliodas's body?!" Zel strained his voice to speak as he stood, me by his side to steady him. "Father-!"

"What exactly does this mean?!" Zeldris exclaimed, holding his shoulder in pain. "You said you would turn Meliodas into the new Demon King! We did everything you asked of us!" Zeldris continued his expression of confusion.

"Did you honestly believe I would pass on the throne to this traitor? I simply wanted a new, young, strong body. The Commandments are all fractions of my power. For Meliodas to take all of them in and become the new Demon King was only to prepare himself to become my new vessel," the Demon King explained.

"You have no right to do that! Leave Meliodas's body at once!" Elizabeth exclaimed. "Meliodas is your son right? Do something fatherly for your son for once!" Hawk shouted, jumping up and down to prove his point.

"I don't think he knows the definition of fatherly," I spat. "After all, he's doing a pretty job at it," I continued.

The Demon King laughed as if he was enjoying himself. "As spiteful as always Y/N. Perhaps if you were a demon I would let you hold my sons heart," he smirked.  "For my son, huh? I see...It is the role of a father to grant his son's dearest wishes. All right. I have a proposal,"

"I will life Elizabeth and Y/N's curse," The Demon King proposed.

"Would you look at that? He is being fatherly!" Hawk exclaimed a little too early.

"And then kill you both mercilessly. How do you think he will react once he sees your corpses and his brother weeping over his loved one?" He smiled maniacally.

Zeldris stepped in front of me protectively, a harsh glare towards the Demon King.

"Will his soul be crushed and loose the will to live? Or will he be relieved that the curse has been lifted qnd await death? Either outcome will work well for me. Don't you agree, Seven Deadly Sins?"

Suddenly, the Demon Kings claw went straight to attack Elizabeth. Last minute, Gowther stepped in and saved Elizabeth. Merlin formed a Perfect Cube around the group, Hawk; as well as Zeldris and I.

"Merlin! Let me out!" I cried out. "I want to help! I didn't make this sacrifice for nothing!" I explained.

"And that's exactly why I can't let you out!" Merlin explained. "We have to slow the progression of your curse as much as possible," Merlin finished.

Suddenly, the Demon King attacked the Perfect Cubes, destroying them in a single blow. I thought fast and pulled Zeldris into my chest, shielding his body as we roughly hit the ground.