Chapter 36

Y/N P.O.V

All of us were happy that Ban and Meliodas had returned to us, but one problem still remained.

Our curses

"The time limit on Elizabeth's curse is only one day. Unfortunately, we've lost the only way to stop it. And there's no telling when Y/N's curse will eventually take her life," Merlin sadly faced the reality of the situation.

"The Captain tried observing the Commandments in order to life the curse, but in the end- he had to defeat the Demon King," she continued to explain.

Diane began to cry. "So are you saying that- both of them are going to die?" Elizabeth smiled at Diane.

"Meliodas and I have already settled that and I'm sure that Y/N and Zeldris will reach a conclusion soon. If Meliodas became the Demon King, he wouldn't be able to be with us anymore. Whereas if I die, I'll simply be reincarnated," Elizabeth explained.

"I had the same intention to free Meliodas of that burden," I mentioned. "Sissy, N/N, I understand that was your wish from the start- but are you really okay with that?" Merlin questioned us further.

"Sorry for butting into a superrr serious conversationnn, but there is still a way to lift the curse," Meliodas suddenly perked up, his ahodge perking up.

Everyone's eyes widened. "The truth isss that when I escaped from Purgatory, I just happened to aquire it," Mel explained simply.

Gowther immediately shot it down and Ban agreed for a split second before Ban suddenly agreed.

"Wait- are you saying you got your Intrusive Powers back?" Ban repeated in shock. Meliodas made his way towards Elizabeth and I with a smirk.

"Everyone, please step away from the three of us," He started. Everyone stepped away cautiously with many questions. "That's your cue Merlin!" Meliodas winked and snapped.

A gasp left me as a black haze surronded the three of us.

"What the heck is that?!" Diane gasped out. I looked above us to find three strange creatures.

"They are physical forms of their curses," Merlin explained. She glanced at me and gave a soft nod. I nodded back, knowing what I had to do. Merlin and I already knew of what was to pass....

Elizabeth's looked like millions of faces consuming the others in a ring formation. Meliodas's almost resembled a brain with vains and horns sticking out the sides, a huge eye adorned the middle.

Mine....even shocked me....
It truly did fit the description of one that had lost their sanity.

It was a black fog, eyes adorned all over it. All of the pupils were as small to show shocked expressions. One in the middle cried black blood. You could see the lines of where the vains were. There were small mouths with hanging tongues and hands that reached out as they dripped black blood.

"So these....represent the curses that have been afflicting us?" Elizabeth mumbled in shock.

Meliodas's body was enveloped in a strange light. His appearance changed to a white outfit and golden claws on his back.