07 | last five-hundred times

A day had passed since Leo and I's a little kerfuffle in the shop

A day had passed since Leo and I's a little kerfuffle in the shop. I had tried calling and leaving so many messages to finally talk about it but received nothing in return. It was all as if I was speaking to a shadow of my own undoing. Though I should have known, this is what he does. He goes MIA whenever something goes horribly wrong as if he were the only one affected by it. Sometimes I wonder if it's cowardice or extreme arrogance that gets to him.

With frustration and annoyance in my mind, I pound his door three times hoping that even his neighbours could hear it. Maybe then he wouldn't ignore me.

"Leo, open up," I say when he still didn't come around after the third time.

With the sun bright and early in the morning, I'm hoping he's in a more conversational mood. Perhaps we would actually have a civil conversation compared to the ones we've had lately.

With much hope in my mind, the door finally swung open and there, he rolled his eyes at me just to walk back in. I scoffed and followed him before slamming the door behind me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I've been calling you since last night and not once have you responded."

"Well, did you even have time to listen or will your flowers die if you even miss a second to be with them?" His petty response astounds me and I laugh whereas he just shrugs as he sips on his coffee by his counter.

"Oh grow up!" I threw my purse on his sofa, "has it ever occurred to you that you asked me to marry you while acting like a third degree asshole?"

"And has it ever occurred to you that you said yes?" He yells, spreading his arms wide open as if he ruled all else. Oh, the hilarity of it all was just indescribable.

"As a matter of fact Mr Know-It-All I have thought of it. Every second of every day of every damn hour not because I'm so incredibly excited to walk down the aisle with the flowers I will provide but because of how incredibly stupid it was!" I say with every step towards him as his eyes grew wider and wider-then he chuckled. I froze.

"Do you regret it?" He says, mocking me. "At least it's your mistake, not mine okay? You wanted to marry me...so be it."

With blood rushing through my veins, my face warm as the sun and my knuckles pale as a ghost from the way I've been digging my nails into my hand. I scoffed at him and in a blink of an eye, I felt the sharp stubble on his face graze over my heavy finger as his head ricocheted off my hand.

"Don't you ever act as if you own me? Like I don't have a choice." I gritted my teeth.

His hand held his reddening cheek whilst I felt warm tears pricking my eyes like the words he stabbed me with.

"For the longest time, I have defended your ass. Made excuses for your inexcusable actions and this is how you repay me? By trying to bind me to you...with this little thing?" I pull the ring off of my finger, shoving it in his face like a totem-a reminder of his ignorance. "Do you even know me at all? The things I did, lines I crossed to justify this-us? Did you forget about all the things I had to deal with to be with you?"