33 | welcome to the family

Christmas dinners are supposed to be all about family gatherings

Christmas dinners are supposed to be all about family gatherings. A night of joyful giving and fireplace storytimes with hot chocolate and wine. The time where every room in the house smells of either vanilla cookies or roast. I suppose it wouldn't be much different at the Hearsts'

If there is one thing I'm sure about with this family is that they are very traditional. Despite playing the build of modern business ventures, they sure do like their traditions. Glamourous extravagance. The way their manor lit up with Christmas lights says exactly the same.

The golden twinkles wrapped around the hard walls and I watched them as I got out of my car holding a dish of my signature apple pie. Of course I asked if I could bring something because I felt bad to just barge in with nothing and of course, they were happy for me to serve the dessert.

I smiled, remembering the last time I was here. The way every corner of this place was crawling with wealthy folks and now, without them in sight, the place actually looked quite heavenly. Something you would find in historical fiction. Though, I suppose that it would be just as cold there too.

"May I take your coat and scarf for you, Miss Garcia?" asked an old, well dressed man as he opened the door for me. I smiled and nodded as a woman came up and took my pie away. I thanked both of them and watched as the man took my scarf and hung it by the coat rack.

"I'm William, and I'm the Steward here at the Hearst Manor. Please follow me," he gestures ahead and I follow through.

I noticed how quick the set changed. How the place looked more like autumn itself. Red flowers and brown hues filled the place making it seem warmer and cozier as the sound of crackling fire lingered in the air — almost to an echoic extent.

Then the more William led me through the house, the more I could hear the faint but joyous tone of a piano and violin playing in harmony. I smiled listening to the melodies of it and how smooth it's being played.

"Just through here, the drawing room miss Garcia," William opened the big wooden door and I walked in. The room filled with people singing and laughing while two people played the song by the warm fireplace.

The room is clad in red hues like me as I boasted long black wide-legged jeans with a red bustier top that compliments the red decors that surrounded the room. I don't think they even noticed I arrived until the music came to an end. It was then that I noticed that the man on the piano was Ezekiel and the man with the violin is well — Daniel.

"Hey, look what Santa dragged in," Zeke exclaimed.

"Oh hush Zeke don't be mean," a beautiful lady in her tight red wrap dress runs up to me with champagne in one hand. I can only recognise her to be the bride, Dahlia. "Hi, it's been so long, how are you?" She squeezed my arm as opposed to a hug and I was immediately comforted.

I had never met someone so bubbly in my life. She's like a breath of fresh air from all of the serious talk, not only that but she's glowing. I guess that's what marriage does.