17 | so much for a first date

There is a point in everyone's life where they see themselves on the telly having absolutely no clue that they'd be there in the first place

There is a point in everyone's life where they see themselves on the telly having absolutely no clue that they'd be there in the first place. Oh wait, no they don't!

It had been approximately three hours since that news parade came out and as the news anchor had put it-the internet is losing their minds. So here I stand, watching as twitter unfolds with a myriad of hashtags trending. All of which pertains to the same exact thing. I could never understand how people could be so caught up in some businessman's love life. Then again, it's not like he's just any other businessman.

Speaking of, he's currently on speaker phone.

"The good thing is as far as my staff figured, your address has not been leaked." He told me while I watched him through the screen. He says that he'd be here but with the state of things, outside his home is a barrage of media. I don't blame him for preferring a call this time around.

"Look, I'm sure that they won't even care about me. Give it like a two day rest. I'm sure they'll forget all about me. Just in time for our scheduled date," I tried to joke, making light of the situation as I've not been really lucky to experience a peaceful day today.

"I...I think we might have to pull a raincheck on that," he looks at me with a disheartened look in his eyes.

"Yeah...I figured."

"This is my fault." He says, "my security that morning advised me not to go but I still did. If I hadn't then you most likely won't be on millions of screenshots right now."

"It's not a big deal really. They don't have my face, you know." I reassured him but it's more of a reassurance towards me. I needed it as much as he did.

"Not yet and believe me anyone would try to get to you. No matter how secret your address is. So, did you do what I said?"

I looked around, looking over all the curtains that I'd drawn and the other curtains I had to put up for the door to my backyard. I looked at every door I locked shut. It was as if I was waiting for war to be born.

"Yup, all the doors are locked, windows blacked out," I laughed and Daniel raised his brow at me, tilting his head quizzically.

"What's so funny?" He smiled.

"Nothing..." I chuckled again. "I just...the 'mystery madame' seriously?"

We laughed together, looking at the telly where my new found alias is posted at. Someone in their creative department needs to be fired because that name is absolutely ridiculous. Even my third grade bullies had better names for me. I guess that's one way to make light of the situation.

"I am absolutely astonished by the fact that you're laughing right now," he tells me as his bubbly laughter seized.

"Well, I did have two of these before you called so." I showed him the bottle of Merlot and he smiled. He brushed his hair up as he placed his phone down. From here, I could see him in front of his desk, one I recognized from his office.