13.

Meechie

       "I'm sorry for you lost Wanda take all the time you need" I said over the phone. She had called me to tell me she wouldn't be coming to work because someone had robbed her home and killed her mother.
       Looking at my watch I saw it was seven o'clock when I heard Kardi come in.
I hung up on Wanda and met Kardi as she was throwing her things down.
     "Where you been"? I asked her .
She sigh and said "I thought you was at your place . I went shopping for Scar I picked up some cute shit" she said in a happy tone.
      I responded "oh cool. Um your cousin Wanda just called me . She said her mother was robbed and killed".
Kardi looked up and said with a grin "robbed . Aunt Patrice didn't have valuable shit to steal . Her broke ass wore fake shit".
Kardier reaction to the shit shocked me . I would think she would have more emotions than this.
       "Are you sad"? I asked .
"Am I sad ? No. She probably had it coming for her . My aunt acted as if she was that bitch and passed that shit down to her hoe ass daughter. To say her and my mom were twins they were complete opposites . My aunt hated her own sister , her own twin over my father . He chose my mom over her and they conceived me.
     When my mom was battling her sickness not once did she visit, call or anything she didn't even show up to the funeral . So to hear that she was rob and killed , no I don't feel bad at all".
      "Damn" was all I could say.
"Look at what I got Scar" she started going through the clothes like what she just said wasn't a lot . She really showed no emotion Damn this girl might just be more heartless than me. She started showing me clothes when there was a ring at her door.
She grabbed her phone and looked at the camera app.
"Stay here" she said leaving the bedroom, but I didn't listen.
She opened the door and in walks Roland. "Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you had a egg I could use".
       "Damn my boy you can't go buy eggs what you a broke nigga"?
Kardi turns and says "Demetrius chill out".
He chuckled and said "I just needed one but why you pressured my nigga"?
I responded "nobody pressured my boy I'm just saying you asking my woman for her egg . When you could've just went to the corner store down the street and got your own".
       Kardi replied handing him the egg "y'all chill alright".
Roland then grabs the egg from Kardi and said "she wouldn't even be your woman if I had stepped to her when I wanted to".
I laughed and said "trust me my nigga I always get what I want. And when I get it I keep it understand"?
      Kardi was now in the middle and she said "it's no way y'all arguing about me and I'm right here".
Roland replied "hmm. You better or a good , hard working Nigga like me just might snatch her up".
I quickly snapped back "man nigga please the fuck she going to do with a nigga who lives in somebody else shit huh? Go get your money up before you step to my girl in front of me bitch. You better be glad I don't put a bullet in your ass"!
      Roland chuckled and turned to Kardi "thanks for the egg Kardier".
Kardier walked him to the door and said "your welcome".
Once she close the door she said to me "really"?
Pissed I said "that nigga came at me first Kardi. He don't know what I'm capable of".
      She walked over to me with this flirty look on her face and then she hugged me and then kissed my angry lips and said "calm your hot head ass down Meechie".
"He step to me like that again Kardi I'm serious".
She laughed and said "he not even my type baby chill".
I looked down in her eyes and she continues to say "I only want you alright"?
I pecked her lips and said "you better".

Kardier
      "They released Farrah from the hospital" Zoe said as me and her ate brunch .
"Um". Was all I said .
Zoe laughed and said "I knew you wouldn't care your heartless ass anyway me and Julius made it official".
I looked up from my plate and said "what. So boyfriend and girlfriend"?
She smiled and said "yea girl. I finally gave him the pussy right , and he fucked me so good girl I was screaming for the hills".
      I laughed and said "well I'm happy for you".
"Thanks girl . So how are you and Meechie"?
I smiled and said "we good I love how he be defending me and shit, but he gets so jealous sometimes".
Zoe laughed and said "girl men are more jealous than females they just try and hide it".
I replied "Meechie the type of jealous he has girl that shit scares me sometimes".
       Zoe gave me the serious look "scares you enough to leave him"?
I answered "no".
Zoe then says "well as long as you know when to leave then I'm not worried . I don't want you stuck in another relationship like you was with Calvin. It's just so crazy how he fallen off the face of the earth after leaving you".
       No one knew the truth about Calvin beside me , Meechie and Martin. It was going to stay that way because I didn't need someone I could possibly fall out with at any given time knowing some shit that could get me and my man locked up . For right now Ima just keep this he ran off with another woman story going, and hope that they keep believing it".
     "You still need me to come with you to your aunts sitting up later"?
"Changed my mind I'm not going by" I said .
"Kardi that was your aunt" Zoe said .
"And . We didn't get along . She dead ain't no need to be fake and pretend like I care for her now".
"Kardi that's cold as fuck girl" Zoe said looking serious.
I glared at her and said "been cold that's how I came out my momma pussy. Look you wanna go show your face cool me? The bitch is dead . Good fucking ridden . Fuck her and fuck Wanda hoe ass  I gotta go I need to pick up my child. Bills on you this time love you . Mean it".
"Wait so you don't care to even know who did it"?
I stood at the table and said "girl this world is filled with evil. You could be looking a killer in the eyes everyday and not know" and after I said that I left.