41.

Kardi
So after the Christmas trip I was still on cloud nine about getting proposed to. I left my granny a voicemail on the good news but of course I didn't hear anything back from her .
"Girl you've been smiling since we got on this FaceTime" .

"Girl I'm just so happy" I said looking at my ring

Looking at her background I realize Zoe wasn't in her apartment the bathroom looked to fancy for it to be her apartment . Plus I knew how her bathroom looked and that wasn't it at all.
"Wait Zoe where you at"? I asked.
She looked around and said "Martez's Airbnb".
"Woah" I said .
"What"? Zoe asked .
"You don't think y'all moving a little to fast"?
Zoe chuckled and said "fast. If anything compared to you and Meechie this is slow, plus I'm just spending some time with him. Girl when I we came back from the trip , Martin was outside my house begging for me to talk to him. He looked like a fucking mad man. I called the police on his ass but he was gone by the time they showed up. He did this for three days. The last day I called Martez.
Martez within minutes of me telling him what was going on booked me a flight to come out to Orlando. With him I just feel safe and I love this feeling".
Listening to her talk I was still on the first part. Did this bitch try to come for me with the comparison to me and Meech. Okay yes I slept with the man on the first night and got pregnant, but she had no right to throw it in my face". I was working on controlling my temper so I didn't say anything out the way. Plus this was my last go around with me and Zoe and I wanted it to work. So I let her little smart remark side this time.
"Speaking of Martin , I spoke to Maria and she told me she didn't see Lili on the flight with them back home. Said Julius asked when they were boarding the plane and said Martin said she was getting on another flight because they got into it. Said Martin has scratches on his face and shit".
"Maybe she did" Zoe said.
My gut was telling me otherwise and when I told Meechie he agreed with my gut feeling of Martin possibly killing Lili back in Switzerland.
"Martin does get angry, angry to wear he like to lay his hands" Zoe said.
"He ever did that to you"? I asked.
She quickly shook her head and said "no. He almost the night he found out about Roland, but I quickly ran into the bathroom and stayed there until he left . I could see the rage in his eyes so I knew that was coming next".
"Well I hope what he said was the truth. I heard his test came back positive".
She sigh and said "thank God mines was negative. I thank God our sex life was out the question by the time he started fucking with Farrah scandalous ass".
"Now you can focus on Martez . He seems to really have a thing for you . Don't fuck this up Zoe, don't cheat on this man okay . He's treating you right accept it and don't be scared of it like you was with Martin".
She chuckled and said "trust me I've learned my lesson and I refuse to hurt another man the way I did Martin. I don't like how he turned out but I believe I'm partly responsible. I don't want to do another man that way".
I smiled and said "good, good".

Meech
"Meech wassup"? Detective Longs said into the phone.
"Shit . I need a favor"? I said.
He replied "Meech right now I can do no favors the office is under investigation. Someone tipped the FBI off about someone here working with a acclaimed drug dealer. They not saying the name but I know they are referring to you. Look wherever you are stay there and don't come back the streets are hot for you. Get your boys to tighten up, and find out who maybe a rat in your organization".
I sigh and said "that's why I called you, I thought you'd be able to find that out for me".
"I can't Meech shit is to hot. Look as your aunts boyfriend I look at you like my nephew and I don't wanna see you behind bars, but you got wrap that shit up in the streets . They building something against you and this rat is feeding them everything they know".
I blew off and said "thanks for the info but help me Nigga if you fam you'd help. Look I'll double my pay just find out something for me. Until then I'll tell Julius to pull back a bit, get me some fucking info man".
With that I hung up just as Kardi was walking in my office.
"So you going to tell me now what the fuck is going on. You've been looking stress since we came back from vacation".
"Baby I'm fine" I lied . I didn't want to tell Kardi because I didn't want her to worry especially with my babies in her.
"Lie again" she said in a serious tone.
I blew off and said "fine . There's a rat in my organization, and I gotta figure out who it is before the FBI get their hands on me".
      She looked at me and said "and you don't know who this rat is"?
I shook my head "no I don't . Martez told me he believes it to be Julius's bitch because he had information that Maria use to fuck with a Houston drug dealer that had beef with him. Martez said after he placed a bullet in this person said Maria disappeared off the face of the earth. She left Houston and went back to our hometown where she's from and I guess started fucking with Julius".
"So why she acted like she didn't know Martez"?
"Tez said they were never formally introduced. Said when he went there that night to kill I think that nigga name was Pun, anyway when he went to kill him, Maria was there. They didn't kill her because they just wanted Pun and there was no way she could ID them. Martez said he didn't know she'd be a problem until he saw her crying on the news. She also left Houston because she came out and said Pun was a gay man and his boys didn't like that. They wanted to keep everything quiet".
"Damn so what you going to do. I mean because we can ride on a bitch right now"?
I chuckled and said "man girl your pregnant ass ain't doing shit ight so chill, and for two I don't know I need to know for sure she's the rat. I mean her beef if she have one is with my brother now me why drag me in this shit"?
"Okay the we need to think of someone else. So you need to think deep in that noggin of yours of people who may wanna take you out. And write shit out and why beside their names. Nobody is finna rat on my husband and take him from his family we not doing that on my watch".