Chapter 1

In an underground facility of Washington, D.C., Deshed Harvester had a propensity of being vain and shady; he was well known for his illegal, underhand deception of the government that turned him into a pariah. He bragged about being a former arms dealer to one of the leaders of a shadow agency identified as Raven. Deshed was also responsible for the abduction, along with crude experiments on innocent civilians, and training and development of young skillful assassins. Night or day, he would employ them to carry out hits on marks that required elimination without question, no matter who that target was. The day had come for him to move on to bigger and better projects.

"Destroy all the backup files and the hard drives. I don't want any trace of us being here," Deshed said walking out the door of Raven headquarters in his dark, dignified suit with a black tie. His bald head turned glaring at the scientist. "Project Dark Descent" must be eased immediately."

Five scientists began to scramble the computer hardwares with a modified trojan virus that was uploaded into the system, disposing evidence of their unethical experiments. Twenty-two surveillance cameras in each room were turned off. Deshed walked out of the room in his dark suit. His brown eyes, glaring at the silver control panel while entering his three-digit PIN. He applied a retina scan. "Deshed Harvester: access granted." The door opened.

"And what about Agent X?" One scientist asked, shredding pages of documents and photos while leaning on a black table.

"Deshed grip his hand on his shoulder. "Leave him, Nelson; we got what we came for. Security will take care of him and the others."

"Yes, Mr. Harvester." Nelson got up from the chair, feeling guilty for abandoning Agent X. Without anyone looking around, he pressed a button under a table releasing Agent X and the others out of suspended sleep.

The lights in the room grew dark. A young eighteen-year-old woke up in a room, sitting in a chair with no memory of his former life. He looked around trying to get a sense of where he was. All that stood before him was two gigantic black steel doors, three steel tables, and two fans overhead. Two security officers, wearing dark uniforms, came in through the door with semi-automatic guns and started opening fire. The young man dived underneath a steel table for cover. He was breathing hard. One security guard gave the hand signal to the other to go ahead of him.

"Come out, Agent X, I can make this quick and easy. You won't feel a thing." One security guard pointed his weapon straight while walking slowly.

"Who am I? Why are you after me?" Agent X asked.

The guard moved closer."It's nothing personal, Agent X the boss wants you terminated."

The guard turned, seeing that Agent X wasn't by the table. Without being seen, Agent X pulled the plug on the circuit breaker that was near the wall as the lights went out. Instincts had taken over as Agent X's eyes were primed for night vision. He sneaked behind the first security guard from behind and put him on a choke hold, pulling him off the side out of sight into a dark corner.

The security guard moved back against the wall, knocking down books as he struggled. The guard elbowed Agent X in the stomach, trying to break his hold. Agent X reached for his knife from the sheath by his waist of the first guard and placed the blade close to his neck as the guard struggled against Agent X's strength and slit his throat. Loud footsteps were heard from the hallway. Agent X reached for the first guard's gun and fired two shots to draw the attention of the second guard. The second guard paced in the direction of the gunfire only to get a headshot as he fell to the side. "Nothing personal." Agent X took hold of a semi-automatic and a walkie talkie off the second guard's body, while leaving the area.

Deshed and Nelson were on the rooftop, waiting for the Jet to arrive at the landing site. Nelson was more eager to vacate the facility. He tried everything he could to preserve what was left of Agent X's humanity despite his superior's objection, even though Agent X was a highly trained, brainwashed assassin sent on one hundred and twenty-four missions that was programmed into his kill switch order. He was the best of the best and there was no denying that. With all the kills he completed, Deshed saw Agent X as a weapon, and Nelson believed that Agent X could evolve to something more.