Chapter 20

As the sun beamed above, Agent X walked across the street, gazing at his surroundings of parked vehicles as he sighed, feeling the weight of time pressing on him. He strode three blocks, passing brick buildings. Walking up five concrete steps, Agent X approached one yellow house with a red door. A white round camera hung on the side of the wall. He knocked on the door. 

"Hello."

Agent X looked at the camera. "I'm looking for Hugo."

"I'm afraid he is not around."

Agent X sighed. "Cypher sent me." 

A chain was removed from the door. A middle aged man in a purple silk robe with gray hair horn-rimmed glasses opened the door wide as he looked at the emotionless face of the assassin. "Come inside." The man closed the door behind Agent X locking the door with three deadbolts and a gold chain.

"What's your name?"

Agent X glanced at the man. "X."

Hugo's eyebrows raised. "That's an odd name. Can I get you anything? Tea? Coffee?"

Agent X glanced at him from the side, walking in the hallway. "No, coffee makes me jumpy."

Agent X and Hugo walked into a den with three black shelfs full of books with a table and black chrome laptop resting on a table. Hugo paced forward over to the end of the counter and poured himself a warm cup of coffee in a white mug and added a small amount of cream as he stirred it on a silver spoon as it made clicking noise.

"Cypher had to be desperate to send you my way. How is the old man holding up these days?"

Agent X sighed. "He's dead."

Hugo took his spectacles off and rubbed the fog from the lens with a cloth." It was a matter of time until they found him. The Raven Agency had been around the sector. I've been tracking their movement for sometime now." Hugo went to his chair by the computer monitor and showed a map of five red dots in specific locations.

Hugo points at the dots."These are the locations of the areas where they have been stealing chemicals from warehouses."

Agent X rubbed his chin."Sounds like they are getting more ingredients for the Zala drug." 

Hugo tuned to Agent X. "Zala drug? I thought that was disbanded ten years ago? There were unethical experiments performed on soldiers. Cypher provided me with Intel two weeks ago." Hugo pulled up videos of a young man and woman injected in the neck with a syringe and started to convulse and have seizures as their eyes widened white foam came out of their mouths.

Hugo shook his head. "It's terrible what they did. To think they would sink so low."

Agent X crossed his arms and frowned. "Yeah, I was one of them." Agent X rolled up his sleeve from his shirt and showed the dark tattoo mark Raven from his forearm. "Is there any way to uncover my identity?"

Hugo adjusted his glasses. "That will take time with a fee."

Agent X sighed. "I don't have money on me. I've come a long way to get answers to what the Raven Agency did to me." Agent X clenched his hand staring at Hugo.

 Hugo sighed. I see what I can dig up. You will pay me later. He clicked on the touchpad from the laptop.

Agent X walked out of the room. "I'm out. I'll keep in touch."

As Agent X got close to the door, he peered through the window, seeing a black van pull up on the curb. He ran back to Hugo. "We need to get out here."

Hugo turned around. "What do you mean?"