Chapter 13

Agent X tried to appeal to Alicia's humanity. All his efforts were futile, realizing what stood before him was a cold-blooded calculating killer. It wasn't an easy task to reach out to her. Alicia's eyes were black as the pearls of the sea. No trace of humanity in them. Just an empty shell of a human being. The question was how would he be able to reach her without taking her life? It was a promise he made to Jared. Something that he owed to him.  

"Enough with your lies," Alicia said. "Are you gonna put up or shut up?"

"Don't make me kill you," Agent X said, trying to hold back from pulling the trigger. 

Alicia got up close enough. She charged at him, pushing the gun up in the air, elbowing him in the face and flipping him over; he countered her move from breaking his arm and got into a fighting stance.

Agent X grabbed hold of Alicia's hands when he spun her around, holding firm on his grip. "Stop, I don't want to hurt you."

Alicia gritted her teeth. "Oh, but I want to hurt you."She struggled to get out of his hold.

Agent X held on to her arms as she tried to push away."Deshed poisoned your mind. He only cares about one thing and that is himself. You think he will still favor you. As soon as he gets what he wants, he will dispose of you like he did me."

There were five dark cars with high beams heading into their direction on the path near the woods. Alicia's face curled to a devilish grin. "Looks like the cavalry has arrived."

One of the agents, dressed in a purple suit with a golden tie, got out of the car with his gun drawn out, spitting out a wooden toothpick on the ground. His eyes darted to Alicia and Agent X. He pointed the gun to Agent X. "Let her go."

"Agent R and U go get Senator Guynan into the car," One man said.  "If it isn't the traitor Agent X. 

Agent X looked confused at the man. "Do I know you?"

The man chuckled. "Oh, I forgot Deshed wiped out your memories. A shame you don't remember me."

"And you are?" Agent X asked with his eyes locked on to his new foe.

"What? You don't see the family resemblance? I'm Agent T, your brother." 

"What? You are my brother?" Agent X asked, dumbfounded by the news. 

"And here I thought I had issues," Alicia said with a sassy tone.

"Mind your tongue, Alicia, Deshed would like a word with you," Agent T said in a snipping tone.

She hissed. "This isn't over," Alicia stood in his face.

Agent T smirked, staring her down. "Don't test my patience. I am not as forgiving as Deshed."

Alicia walked to the car and turned her head at Agent T. "I'll deal with you later."

Agent turned his attention to Agent X. "There is a lot you don't know. Deshed took a lot from you. Secrets that lay buried in that broken mind of yours."

"What do you mean?" Agent X asked.

Agent T waved his hand to jester Agent X to follow. "You and I play a big part in the Raven Agency direction. Follow me, I'll explain everything."

Agent X felt in his gut that Agent T was up to no good. Something sinister was brewing. He decided it would be best to play along to find out more information about him that can help fill in the gaps with his past. Whether or not they were brothers. 

"How do I know if this is some trick?"

"The choice is yours.?" Agent T threw a cell phone on the ground. "If you change my mind, you will hear from me in two days."