Chapter 5

Agent X and Casey were on the road for an hour. They parked in a small parking lot and checked into a local hotel called The Elps Inn. Both of them barely said a word to each other since the events that took place at Jared's home. Casey felt knots in her stomach for abandoning him. She glimpsed at Agent X's bloody arm and he played it off as if it didn't bother him. Agent X took a red sweater to cover himself up. They exited the vehicle and headed straight to the hotel. 

"I think you should go to hospital to get that arm looked at," Casey said, walking on the side of him.

"It's nothing. That wouldn't be smart to do and besides the Raven Agency is looking for us. We need to lay low and find what we can on their intended targets. I have a feeling they are planning something big."

"I'm gonna call my Dad," Casey said, reaching for her cell phone.

Agent X took her cell phone from her hands and ended the call. "You can't call him."

Casey was taken by surprise. "Why not?"

"By now the Raven Agency already infiltrated your home and they know who your family is based on your past history with them."

"I need to warn them or something."

Agent X sighed, handing her an alternative cell phone. "It's a burner phone. You can use it to call your father when we get inside."

They went through the sliding doors that emitted a bell sound, while entering a well lit up hallway and approached the black marble check-in desk. A young lady wearing a dark blouse, golden horn-rimmed glasses, with blue eyes, and having lush brown hair greeted them with a warm smile to lighten the mood. "How can I help you?"

"I need a room for two," Agent X said. "We are staying for two nights."

"You just in luck we have one available," the lady said, passing Agent X a clipboard. "Please, sign this."

Agent X signed a fake name John Gibson and Casey signed in as Elizabeth Storm. The lady took back the clipboard and passed John two key cards for room one-thirteen.

"The room is down the hall at the end and you make a right," the lady said pointing. 

"Thank you," Agent X said, walking toward the room and Casey followed behind.

Agent X and Casey paced on a multi layer carpet with red, green, and white leaves while reaching their designated room one-thirteen. Agent X inserted his key card in the slot until it clicked. He pressed against the door forward and flicked on the light switch for the lights. Casey closed the door behind them. She noticed the room had a desk table with a comfort chair, a 32 inch flat screen, and a small black mini refrigerator. He went near the blinds to look out through the window. As Agent X saw the coast was clear, he closed the blinds and went into the bathroom to dress his wound. Casey plummeted herself on the bed and made a call to her father.

"Dad!"

"Hey, Pumpkin is everything alright?" 

"Dad, I know it sounds crazy, but I need to leave the house and head to Aunt Clare's just for a little while."

"What's going on, dear? You sound worried."

"I'll explain everything. I just need you to leave the house. Please, Dad."

"Okay, Pumpkin I will leave right now."

"Thanks, Dad, call me when you get to Aunt Clare's."

"Yeah, Pumpkin, I'll be okay. "

"I love you."

"Love you too, Pumpkin."

Casey sighed, clinging on the burner phone for dear life. She took the remote control off the table and turned on the TV. She changed the channel to a local news program. That's when she saw Deshed shaking hands with the President of the United States, Dillion Grill, behind a podium before he took center stage swarmed with reporters. It was Deshed influence that allowed Dillion Grill to become President and an exchange for private funding for Project Dark Descent that he had no knowledge of or the experiments that took place under the government's radar. Casey's heart sank in. Something monumental was happening and it made Casey more tense and on edge."Agent X, I think you should see this."