Chapter 21

Dax turned down the radio as his high beams projected a clear path laid out before them as he drove on the main road. Dax turned the wheel and then he stopped. Agent X looked through the passenger side window as Dax parked on dry sandy turf. Dust threw up in the air. Hugo looked up, checking out the layout of the facility with a large black fence that surrounded the area. Two spotlights shined in two corners of the wall as Agent X sighed.

Dax opened the driver's side door." We're here."

Hugo typed on the keys of his laptop gaining access to surveillance and seeing how many people were inside. "There are several guards in three levels."

Agent X pushed a magazine clip on his glock. "How many?"

Hugo wiped his nose. "By my count, I would say fifty." Hugo sipped on his stainless flask laced with moon shine.

Agent X glanced at Dax." You think you can stall the guards long enough for me to sneak into the facility?"

Dax walked forward. "Shouldn't be an issue."

Hugo typed his keys on his laptop while taking a bite of his exposed turkey wheat sandwich that rested on his lap mixed with mustard and mayo. "Don't die." 

Dax approached the tall black gate. A guard moved forward with his eyes squinting while his hand rested on his holster. "Stop, identify yourself."

Dax came closer with a glare."You know who I am, Cadet."

The guard stood back startled. "Major Dax, I had no idea it was you."The Commander didn't mention you were coming. Why are you here with a civilian?"

Agent X placed his hands behind his back, reaching for his gun as his nostrils flared.

Dax gave off a warm smile while holding on to Agent X's shoulder. "I'm here to give our new recruit a grand tour of our facility."

The Cadet looked dead straight at Agent X as his eyes dotted back to Dax. He nodded and pressed the button to slide the gate open.

Agent X glanced at Dax as he lowered his hand. "So much for stealth."

The gate closed behind Agent X and Dax as they walked further inside the facility that stood twenty-two feet tall meshed well with concrete and thick reinforced steel. Inside the corridor, Agent X turned his head as he spotted twenty people dressed in thick white rubber, wearing masks mixing red and blue chemicals in a large glass beaker and others in glass funnels as it bubbles emitting white smoke.

The Cadet pointed to the group. "This is our lab department."

Agent X held his hand at his chin. "What are we cooking here?"

The Cadet jested his hand."Zela Prime is a new type of drug that can help enhance performance in terms of speed, strength, and endurance." "Right this way."

The Cadet led Agent X and Dax to a narrow hallway with dim light. The Cadet approached the keypad on the wall, entering a five digit pin, leaning forward for a Retina scan as the red laser moved up and down the blue iris. Agent X and Dax Stood behind him both glancing at each other and at the Cadet.

Agent X whispered. "Deshed couldn't be far. When the time comes, I'll take him out."

Dax nodded. "Agreed."

Inside the room, Agent X gave a cold blank stare as his hands tightened, noticing twenty men dressed in tactical gear. All bearing the dark Raven tattoo on their arms. His hand tensed, walking behind Dax. When walking further, Agent X saw scientists inject a black serum in the arm of test subjects from male to female laying on hospital beds.