Chapter 4

Against all odds, Agent X was ready with his gun pointed at the door. Footsteps clamored in the halls as the soldiers stormed in weapons ready. Casey, fearful for her life, hid under Jared's computer desk; her hands fastened close together, pulling her legs close to her abdomen. Agent X kicked the door hard and fired one shot at the first soldier in the chest. Instantly, he pulled back from being shot at, and returned fire with three shots as he took out three soldier's at pinpoint accuracy. One bullet got him in the left arm, feeling the sting and ignoring the pain. Agent X knew there were only six soldiers remaining and that he could handle them without worry about the Reaper taking him. 

One guard bolted inside the room, Agent X grappled the second soldier's hand, punching him in the face. It wasn't long until Agent X broke the soldier's right arm and turned the gun on him, shooting him in the stomach as he collapsed on the floor screaming in agony. Casey watched in horror as her hands covered her lips.

One by one, each solider fell like a domino effect. Agent X ran up on a table as he slid on it and mowed down five more soldiers as the bullets raptured the flesh of his enemies. All that was left laid out was a river of blood. One soldier, who was left standing, was petrified. He took a knife out. Agent X smirked and dropped his gun on the floor, not taking his eye off his opponent. He gave the hand jester to the soldier to make a move. He got into a fighting stance, balling his fist, and cracked his knuckles. 

"Come on, show me what you got," Agent X said. 

The soldier gritted his teeth, yelling as he charged at Agent X with his knife, swinging his blade out of desperation. Agent X countered his moves as he bested the soldier, breaking his arm in the process, kicking his leg down, and smashing his head against the edge of the table twice as the soldier stumbled on the floor before his fallen Comrades. Agent X turned him around, leaned on top of him, and began pouncing on his face until he became unconscious. Agent L entered the house with other armed soldiers and headed in the room, witnessing the bodies Agent X had orchestrated.

"Always showing off," Agent L said, pointing his gun at him. "It is time to settle this once and for all who is number one." His eyes glared at him."

Agent smirked with confidence. "Well, if you want a front row seat, all you have to do is ask."

"All my life, I had lived in the shadow of being number two. No, I deserve respect; I get to prove to myself, to the agency, that I'm the best." Agent L walked closer. 

"That's what it is all about? You know the Raven agency is playing you. What do you think is gonna happen once you kill me?"

"Let go of me!" Casey said as she was dragged out of the room by a soldier, struggling to get free from his grip.

Agent X's eyes went from confident to rage, knowing that Casey was in his cross hair. "Let her go."

"What's the matter Agent X?  No quick retort?" Agent L looked at Casey and him. "You have gone soft. After three hundred and fifty-two kills, you have fallen for this girl. I never thought I would see this day that you fall for this red hair specimen. What is so special about this girl? He touched her like a doll as she pulled back in disgust. 

Agent X kept his sights on the soldier and Agent L, his arms tensed clutching the gun. He figured taking out the soldier would be easy-peasy, but Agent L would be a different story, since he is a different breed of a killer. Something in his gut was telling him that Agent L will be difficult to take out. A plan had to be implemented that would throw him off his game. His main concern was to get Casey out of harm's way of the men, which would give him enough leeway to exploit an exit strategy.

"What do you want me to do with her?" One soldier asked, holding on to Casey's arms as she squirmed to get free from his hold.

"Take her away and put her in the van? I want to spend some quality time with Agent X."