CHAPTER 18

Varun

"Are you serious?",she asks .

"Yes I am serious he said on his own he will attend",I tell her .

"Oh no ..I knew this was supposed to happen sometime in our agreement but didn't knew it will be this soon",she says.

"I also didn't knew but we have to now ...will you be okay with it?",I asks .

"Yes yes don't worry we still got like 2 days",she says .

"Also you extend your stay here for one more day",I tell her .

"Huh why?",she asks confused .

"We have to go to the event on Sunday and you plan to stay till Saturday ...so just stay here also what reason will you give your family for going out on Sunday?",I ask .

"Yes right ..if it's okay with you I will stay",she says .

"Also thankyou for making the dinner",I thank her .

"It's fine I love cooking for others",she says smiling .

We were done with our food few minutes later and then I wash the dishes as she cooked for both of us .

After that I went to the supermarket to bring a tiffin box for Aahan too .

____________________

"Yes Bhavya",I say on the call .

"Sir I just wanted to inform you that an extra meeting was set up for tomorrow",she tells me .

"Okay fine is there is anything else add it too and after updating the schedule forward it to me",I tell her .

"Also yes can you email me the information which I told you too?",I ask .

"Yes sir I will send it to you",she says .

I hang up the call . I was about to enter my building when I notice a ice-cream shop .

Should I buy ice-cream for both of us?

Yes I should . But what flavour does she likes? Oh yes she likes butterscotch and chocolate . She used to buy it everytime in college .

After buying the ice-cream I head back to my apartment .

I open the door and find her working .

"You are back",she says looking up from her papers .

"You have specs?",I ask when I see her wearing the specs.

"Yes I only wear it when I am doing school work",she tells me and I go and sit beside her .

"Here I bought us ice-cream",I say giving her a butterscotch and chocolate mix ice-cream bar .

Her eyes lit with happiness when she sees the flavour .

"You bought my favourite flavour",she says sounding happy which makes me smile .

"How did you guess it?",she asks .

Now who's gonna tell her I used to notice every little detail about her in college ?

"Just guessed it",I lie .

"Wait I will bring plates for us to not drop the ice-cream",I say and she nods .

We eat the ice-cream together and then I also bring my work and sit beside her .

There was this perfect comfortable silence as we worked side by side . For some reason today my heart feels happy .