CHAPTER 19

Shruti

"Delhi ? Are you telling us we all have to go to Delhi?",I ask to the other teacher again for the nth time .

"Yess when the Christmas vacation starts we all 11th and 12th std class teachers and subject teachers have to go to Delhi to attend few seminars for 1 week ",she says .

Me , Aarya and Shivani look at each other excited .

"Christmas vacation starts 1 month later",I say .

"Yess that's why we all are supposed to give our information in this form so that the school can book tickets",she says giving the three of us the form .

"Make sure to fill it and give it by tomorrow",she says and heads towards the classrooms .

"Oh my freaking god!",the three of us whisper yell at same time .

"This is literally like a vacation to us",I say and the two of them agree .

"This will be so exciting!",Shivani exclaims .

"We will have so much fun",Aarya says as we head inside the staff room . Looks like every teacher was excited about this trip .

"Omg they already sent us the schedule",one of the teachers says and everyone takes out their phone .

There are going to be 2 seminars everyday , each of 3 hours one from 9 to 12 and then break for 1 hour and then another one from 1 to 4 and after that we are free to do whatever we want .

"We are free after 4 pm",I say and every teacher gets more happy after hearing it .

"I said it already but I am saying it again this is gonna be so much fun like so much fun",Shivani says. 

As it was only the break time every teacher kept discussing about the Delhi trip .

_____________________

"Yes Ma I am going back to Shivani's home only",I lie to Ma on phone . She doesn't know I am staying at Varun's place . I had lied to her about staying at Shivani's place .

"Where is Shivi?",she asks .

"She is in the principal's cabin",I lie again as I sit in my car .

"You are taking care of yourself properly na?",she asks .

"Yes Ma I am and also Ma I have to go to Delhi next month for 1 week",I tell her .

"Huh ? Why?",she asks .

"I will tell you and papa everything on monday when I am back",I say .

"Aren't you coming back on Sunday?",she asks .

"Ahh right I forgot to tell ..me , Shivani and Aarya are going to do a girls night on Saturday and Sunday",I lie again .

Hey God please forgive me for lying so much today .

"Ohh okayy but be back on Monday itself",she tells me .

"Yes Ma I will don't worry",I say .

We talk some more and hang up .

I start the car and head towards Varun's apartment and stop at a grocery store in between .

When I park my car and get out I bumped into someone .

It was the same girl whom I bumped into the other day and who helped me with my groceries .

"Hey Ishani right ?",I ask as I remember her name .

"Shruti right?",she asks too and I nod .

"Thankyou again the other day",I thank her again .

"Oh no worries it was totally fine",she says .