CHAPTER 21

Shruti

"Damn today was fun",I say as we eat our dinner by the marine drive .

"Yess .....it feels good now to sit here",he says .

"So sad that we can't tell the Ankit and Aarya incident to Dev and Shivani too",he says .

"Dev will have the time of his life my this piece of story",I say to which he agrees.

There was a silence for about a minute when his phone started ringing .

"My Ma is video calling me",he tells me .

"It's fine pick up",I say .

"Are you sure ? What if you come in the frame and they ask questions?",he asks me .

"It's fine they know I am your friend na",I say.

He mumbles something but I couldn't hear it and picks up the call .

"Hey Ma and Papa",he says .

"Hii beta",his parents says together. 

"How are you? And also where are you?",his Mom asks .

"I am good Ma and I am at Marine drive" he tells them and I make sure to stay out of frame .

"How is Niharika? Are you enjoying your stay with her?",he asks them quickly changing the topic .

"Yess . She always comes back early from work so she can spend time with us . Also tomorrow we are going for shopping",his father tells him .

"You guys are coming back next week right? On saturday?",he asks.

"Yess we are . Also how is Aahan?",his Mom asks .

"He is the same Ma but let me tell you a very happy thing , he has started eating lunch at the company",he tells them and side glances at me .

I could see the screen of Varun's phone clearly so I saw his parents reactions too . They were suprised and happy .

"Really?! What in the miracle happened?",his father asks .

"Umm that's my secret",Varun says and side glances me again.

I smile looking at him .

He keeps talking to his parents while I keep staring at him . He looks so happy talking to them .

"Btw are you Alone?",his mother asks .

"He keeps glancing side ways must be with someone",his father says .

"I am alone only Ma and Papa it's just that there is a couple sitting near me",he says .

"Are you feeling single watching them?",his father teases him .

I almost burst out laughing seeing Varun's reaction .

"Papa ! What are you saying?",he asks . I hear his parents laughing too .

"But you are 28 now ..and you don't even have a girlfriend",his Ma says .