CH-22 CONSEQUENCES

NEXT DAY

EARLY MORNING

THIRD PERSON POV

Akaar woke up early on his own today.

Usually he is grumpy and irritated but this time, he felt energetic.

He was ready for another traning session.

" I will become a better fighter. I don't need a class to vouch for me." He muttered, clenching his fists.

Akaar quickly got ready and went downstairs.

Today, Joseph, Gliola and Mia are leaving for Runeguard kingdom's Capital- Hevshine city.

That's why, Akaar decided to go early today instead of waiting for Captain Elsa to pick him up.

As Akaar went out of the inn Stars Sight, he was surprised to see Neo standing.

" Wait, you are also going early?" Akaar asked.

" Yeah, wanted to bid those 3 knights farewell. I actually had some chat with them in the party last night. That Mia girl is a cutie, isn't she?" Neo said.

" Whatever, lets go." Akaar said.

" Was waiting for you to show up. I had a feeling you will also come early today. Afterall, you actually worked with them for a while." Neo said.

Both of them took a Wagon ride to the Glory Grounds.

After arriving at the Glory Grounds, Neo paid the driver while Akaar walked ahead.

Just a few steps ahead were 7 wagons surrounded by knights.

Captain Elsa and the now promoted 3 knights were also there.

Captain Elsa hugged Gliola, Joseph and Mia tightly.

" Don't forget me cause I won't forget you ever." Captain Elsa mumbled as a tear dropped from her cheek.

" Don't put it like that. We will visit you often!" Joseph said.

" We might be going in a bigger city with a bigger purpose but I doubt that we will ever have a mentor like you, Captain Elsa." Mia said.

Aya watched from far with a smile.

" So, leaving today? Best of luck for the future, I guess." Akaar said with a chuckle as he walked towards them.

Joseph walked towards Akaar and gave him a firm handshake.

" Continue training under Captain Elsa and I am sure you will be with us soon." He said with a smile.

Akaar was confused.

" Captain Elsa is thinking about giving you the post of a knight. Generally its only for the nobles and rich people but the Captain has the authority to make some exceptions. Afterall, that's how Captain Ross recruited thugs as knights." Gliola said, rolling her eyes.

Akaar looked at Captain Elsa who was smiling.

" I-I don't know if I can....take that offer. Afterall, I need to leave this city eventually." Akaar said.

" We will figure something out later." Captain Elsa said with a wink.

" Where's David?" Akaar asked.

Joseph's mood fell.

" He.....didn't show up. I actually thought he would atleast bid them goodbye." Captain Elsa said.

" When I talked to him outside the mansion, he said that he has no reason to be around me anymore. We used to train together. We were....best friends." Joseph said.