26 - almost outed

- Maddy -
-- One Day Later --

I made my way down the sidewalk, just passing Lauren's house to see as she's still at school so i kept moving forward and walked in my house.

"I'm home!" I delivered a yell inside whilst slipping the shoes and jacket off. "Hello?" The dead silence had me speak again however the sight of my dad and mom just sitting quietly in the kitchen filled my eyes as i walked over.

"How was school?" Spencer asked with an emotionless face. "Fine? Like any Monday honestly. Dreadful. But why are you both so serious?" I questioned, glancing between them. "You're still asking?! Maddy why didn't you tell me you that you won't be home on Sunday too?! Spent the whole weeknd away with Lauren and gave us no heads up." My mom fired out.

"I mean.. i was extremely tired after the ride to the cabin and Ms Hale didn't have a problem with me just staying the night there." I innocently explained.

"Right. And what's this? What activities do you both share there?!" The sight of my sketch book was slammed on the counter, the page of Lauren naked being the only thing i see.

"I- Hold on! Why did you go through my notebook?!" I made up an excuse to try and dim the seriousness of the actual cause of this fight. "Maddy! Who the hell is that?! Because to me that woman shares the same exact features as Miss Hale does!" Sandra added, my mind beginning to race as to what i could possibly say so i don't fuck things up even more.

"Okay now! That's the dumbest thing you both could have came up with! Sure," i looked down at the page, "i guess she looks familiar but it's just a sketch of a woman! Not of Ms Hale."

"In what right mind are you sketching naked females then?!"

"Oh my god! I can't just be drawing flower pots and trees all the time! It's only right i go into the serious type of figure drawing. High school graduation is just around the corner, the art college won't be proud of seeing my capability of knowing how to draw only such basic things!"

"Okay. Whatever. I'm already done with this. Your mom and i were on it for the whole day and i don't want to busy myself with this anymore." My dad replied and i watched as he stormed into the bedroom.

"Maddy," Sandra broke the silence, walking around the counter over to me, "darling. You wouldn't lie to us, right?" Her hand held mine, looking at me like i'd confess from seeing her loving eyes.

"Mom! I didn't lie! It's just some image i thought of and drew it down! You both know i'm also attracted to girls."

"Honestly, i don't want to fight with you so i believe you. I'm sure dad will too over the course of being away tomorrow." She commented and sat back down.

"Come again? He's leaving tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah. Me and him are gonna take a trip out the country. Don't you remember? Audrey is moving so she needs help."

"Oh? Oh yeah! Right."

"Maddy." My mom spoke again. "What?" I grabbed my sketch book, ready to just head to my bedroom. "That wasn't Lauren?"

"Oh my god! I said no! Why would i even draw Ms Hale to begin with? That would just be disgusting even if you ask me. She's a grown woman and my teacher, mom!" I kept going with my lies, at this point seeing as she's easing out.

"And tell that to dad as well. I'm more so disappointed that you'd think it's her than the fact that you went through a notebook that was specifically hidden."

"Yeah, Maddy! About that too. Why on earth were you hiding it? I'd love to hear what you have to say about that now." Sandra continued, letting my nerves spike again.

"Mom! You both are the worst parents i could possibly have! I'm 18 and still controlled around of who i can or cannot like! How hard is it to finally convince you that i don't decide that?! Sure, i'm a sin! Call me that if you want as i've grown pretty used to it from hearing it last year!" I bursted at her and didn't hesitate to just leave.

>>>