38 - found solution

- Lauren -

My finger carefully moved the strands of hair off the girls face, caressing my palm right on her cheek to get her to wake up but still nothing.

"Maddy," i whispered out right next to her ear, at this point shifting to get her head off my chest. "No!" The sudden exclamation had me freeze, Maddy's face going right back in the crook of my neck.

"Am i not allowed to breathe either?"

"No."

"But i'm hungry." I admitted and this time managed to set her on the pillow, going to grab my clothes off the floor right after.

"Great. Fun relationship we have. Have sex with me and think that's enough of an apology?" Her words had me stop and turn back to face her.

"Okay," my body went back under the blanket, "let's hear what you have in mind then. You hadn't ate the food i made yesterday so clearly breakfast won't make you happy today. Sex - just made your opinion clear. A roadtrip perhaps? Oh! Right! Wanted nothing to do with it when-"

"Can you just hug me?" Maddy rested up on her elbows, looking at me like i am an actual disappointment.

"I'm sorry." I spoke out and immediately wrapped my arms around her, forcing her into a tight hug that i hadn't even known i desired for too.

"God, i don't know what has gone into me lately. I've lost all my abilities to think properly. I'm sorry, Maddy." I explained and the girls face came back in front of mine.

"You're apologizing is starting to get on my nerves too. Won't even begin with the fact that you're so busy that we barely do anything together anymore." Maddy responded and i slipped my hand right on her cheek, pressing a light kiss on her lips.

"Am i anything to you? Even an option to go to when you feel down? Because to me, i already have an answer to that."

"Oh my god! Maddy! Stop!" I immediately exclaimed. "Could you please not downgrade yourself like that? You're making me look like some monster that only cares about themselves. You do not deserve the things you said about yourself even yesterday. You're not a disappointment, i still love you and always will even if you don't see it."

"Then show it more. Don't just say it. Words like this aren't effecting me the same anymore, you should see that if you still care about me."

"Okay," i spoke out and got out of bed, "i'll show you then." I took the laptop off the nightstand, placing it just in front of her, "turn it on." I ordered, Maddy hesitatingly doing just that before i pulled the closet open, taking the two gym bags out.

"Find whatever flight, country you want. We're leaving for as long as you desire. No distractions, no business meetings. Just the two of us." I explained and zipped the bags open, ready to pack them without a second thought.

"Are you serious?"

"More serious than ever. So? We're going somewhere hot or cold? Now that's it's winter, i can see how much you like it more so i'll pack thick clothes." I said and searched among the hangers, multitasking with packing both our bags.

"But i gotta go to work tomorrow. It's a small coffee shop but it's one of the most popular so i can't not turn up." Maddy's words brought my attention on her.

"You don't even need that job, baby. But okay! If you want to keep it that badly then do yet you have the rights to have a vacation so you're taking it starting from today." I responded, seeing the smile that slowly began to form across her lips.

"So i'll look at the flights we have today?"

"Your decision. We can go tomorrow or at night, i don't care, as long as you're happy." I said mids continue the action of loading the clothes.

"Oh my god! I love you, Lauren!" The sudden pull of my arm had me lean towards her, examining the wide smile i missed seeing on her.

"I promise i won't be taking any phone calls from the consultant job whilst we're away. My attention will only be for you, i'll do anything that-" My voice abruptly cut off from the girl pulling me fully down, locking our lips together.

>>>