52 - perfect girl

- Lauren -

The sound of a message drifted my tiredness away within the second and i slowly pulled my eyes open. The sight of Maddy facing me filled my view, seeing her studying me but with an emotionless expression.

I decided to keep quiet though, not even moving as all i did was examine her myself. "Managed to sleep?" I finally spoke out, reaching my hand over to caress her cheek.

Maddy released zero sounds the more i brushed my finger amongst her skin but within that thought, i watched her scoot closer, forcing her face in the crook of my neck as the sounds of sobbing appeared.

"It's okay, Maddy. I'm right here." I knew how badly i wanted to cry myself but i kept it together just so she doesn't feel worse.

My arms held her as tight as possible. Allowing her to let it all out. "I'm sorry, Lauren." Her muffled words entered my ear. "Don't apologize. Please, do not do that." I pulled her face in front of mine, staring back into her teared up eyes.

"It's not your fault. Never was and never will be. I should have kept a better eye on how you were doing so i take the blame, i lead you to that point and i'm sorry, Maddy." I spoke out.

"Why did you leave me? Why? Am i not good enough for you? What do you want me to change about myself so you don't do that ever again?"

"Baby, stop!" I exclaimed, forcing her back into the hug. "You're enough for me! Have and will be! But please," i looked back into her eyes, "for the love of god, please," my forehead rested against hers, waiting until she settles her flood of emotions, "don't do that again. I'm not gonna be able to cope again if i ever see you in that situation."

"You hate me from what i almost did?"

"Baby, i don't hate you but i hate what you chose to do."

"But you abandoned me. You left me. No calls or texts. I thought you were done with me." Her voice sounded so sad that my heart just shattered from seeing what i've done to her.

"Lauren, if you don't love me anymore then please tell me. I'll look for a solution. Want me to stay away from you so you could focus on your job? I'll do that but in return, can you please just not break this up? This relationship that i don't want to end? I'll be okay with only loving you but i still want your-"

"Maddy!" I yelped her name out, managing to take her out of her thoughts. "I'm not breaking anything up. I left because of my mom. She was in denial about us being together but the reason i only returned now was because i managed to change her mind about you." I explained but received silence in return, seeing as she's trying to gather my confession.

"I spent my entire life looking for someone like you so don't you even think for a second that i'd give up on you. Not today, tomorrow or the rest of our lives."

"So you thought about me whilst away?"

"Sweetheart, every minute of the day and night, i thought of nothing but you." I replied, holding her just as close as the feeling of warmth began to form between us.

"You're beautiful. I'll keep repeating those words until you believe it because i want you to know there's nothing wrong with you. You have everything that i love and at points, i wish you could see what i do. Maddy, you're perfect. To me and to the rest of the world."

As the last words left my mouth, i saw something i craved this whole time which was her smile. It was faint and weak but so full of joy that my aching heart started to speed up. Not because of pain or stress, because i saw her happy again.

"I want a coffee."

"What?" I released a hesitant laugh, taken back from her sudden desire. "A coffee. A warm one. No, hot. Yes. Extra sugar because i suppose, i deserve it for being perfect."

"My pretty little thing." I responded and pulled her in for yet another hug that she absolutely melted into. "To be honest, i already had made a cup just an hour ago but since you hadn't woken up and i apparently fell asleep again, it's cold by now."

"Let's go make another one together then." I felt her distance however take my hand in hers, leading me with her to the closet. I observed her take a jacket, covering herself up at most a little before we walked to the kitchen.

"Oh! What's this?" The girl stopped by the bag that was on the counter and i didn't hesitate to zip it open. "My clothes but also some things i bought in England for you."

"You didn't, babe!" Her eyes locked on me with pure shock. "I did now open the little box first though." I commented and watched her take it out, untying the ribbon to the sight of a ring.

"Was in a rush to get to my plane when getting it but i thought you'd like it." I spoke out and her gaze locked back on me. "Are you proposing?" Her sudden assumption had me realize how obvious that possibility looked right now.

"Oh! Aha! Baby, i- uhh, sorry, that's not exactly what i bought it for. No but-"

"It's okay! I just asked. I still love it!" She held no disappointment and took it out, seeing as it perfectly fit on her ring finger.

"I'll think about that." I mumbled out before stepping closer, gracefully slipping my hands around her waist. "About what?" Maddy questioned in confusion but i only smiled in return.

>>>