53 - on one knee

- Maddy -
-- Two Days Later -

"Oh god! I'm so excited!" I immediately exclaimed as soon as i stepped foot in the cabin. "You're weird, Maddy. How was i that weird too since i fell in love with you." I heard Lauren comment about it and i stopped, turning around to face her.

"Calling me weird? For what? Because i'm excited that a storm is coming over the city?" I questioned, glaring her down.

"Exactly. Isn't that strange to be so happy about? Remember that we live by a private beach, what if the water levels rise? What if a tsunami also decides to come over the city?"

"Now you're being stupid." I spoke out, not hesitating to walk further inside, stopping by the window that actually looks out towards the water.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." I felt her hands slip around me, pressing her body just against my back for a hug. "You're not." I kept my attitude visible.

"Alright. What do you want? Fancy dinner? Something romantic?"

"Lauren, i think i'm not gonna be able to consume any food for another day. Your mother's cooking was so fulfilling that i can't even forget the taste of it even after the hours long flight back here." I confessed, turning to face her.

"Actually, now that you brought her up, what do you think?"

"About the food? I said, fulfilling. So much fibre that i swear, i'm not gonna be-"

"Maddy, not the food." Lauren's laugh cut me off, "Her. What do you think about her? She couldn't even hide the fact that she felt guilty for what she put us through. Of course, i didn't even dare to confess about what you.. honestly- okay. But how's she like? Is there anything.. positive you can think of?"

"Babe, stop! Hannah is lovely! Okay, i got a slight grudge but i can't blame her or you, that's exactly what happened with me, my family had no sympathy either, didn't acknowledge that keeping us apart wouldn't do anything."

"I'm glad but surprised."

"Be glad. You know exactly what this whole situation put me through so now that everything is settled, never do i want to talk or remember it, okay?"

"Of course." Lauren delivered a faint smile back, brushing her thumb against my cheek as i gave into the moment of silence.

Only one thought kept crossing my mind which was about me and her. When someone is in love you can see it in their eyes, you can feel the love, the way she's looking at me right now showcases that, same with the admiration Lauren is delivering.

Never thought it was possible to smile with just your eyes but that's exactly what i was staring at. Not a single word was being said yet the invisible thread was connecting us so much closer.

"You know, all of the small things you do, no matter if it hurts me or makes my heart shatter, they're still the things that remind me of why i fell in love with you." I broke the silence, feeling touched by my own words.

However nothing happened. She was still just looking at me. Like she was occupied in her mind yet still aware of her surroundings. My hand went in to grab hers but before i interlocked them, i stopped.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I questioned in concern, taking a glance down to be confirmed about her hand actually shaking.

"Maddy," her other hand brought my face back up, having to look back into her deep gaze, "from now on, i won't be leaving your side for a single minute. You and i will be together no matter what will come between us."

"Of course! Yes! Why are you so nervous about that though? It's okay! I forgive you for everything, i'm not mad about it, babe." I explained, releasing a hesitant laugh afterwards.

"God, my pretty little girl," she seemed to of dodged all of my words, zero reaction towards them as she kept brushing my cheek, "i'm so in love with you that i've actually gone insane."

"Oh, Lauren, trust me, me too! I don't really wanna talk about it but there were-"

"Sweetheart," the woman abruptly stopped me, only now being able to drop her arms off me and step back, "you love me, right?"

"What kinda question is that? Babe, you're scaring me. Why are you so nervous? You're literally shaking too!" I tried to shrink our distance again but she took a step back again.

"Do you love me? Do you love me to the point that you're ready for us to go through all the ups and downs together?" Lauren phrased the question again.

"Yes. Of course i am. Have been since the beginning." I replied, knowing how confused but slightly feared i was from how weird she was acting.

My eyes continued to study her and she finally made a move, reaching her hand to the back of her pocket before slowly going down on one knee.

"So together forever?" Lauren pulled the small ring box open in front of herself and my heart exploded with pure joy within the same second.

I couldn't even speak. Only absorbing how her hands were still shaking as before, eyes holding a few tears either from stress or happiness.

"Will you marry me?" The question that was expected to be asked still made my heart race double the pace.

My feet took a step closer, grabbing her arm to pull her standing as i just connected our lips for a long and soft kiss.

"Yes, babe. I will!" I exclaimed right after, sobbing overtaking me but i still watched her take the ring out, sliding it on my finger.

>>>