Epilogue

A lone man walks through a field of bodies, people and beasts alike. He stops every now and then to check a pulse, he stands sighing. Nearly willing to give up until he sees movement out of the corner of his eye. The movement coming from a familiar white wolf to his left. He runs over to the wolf that he had saved merely hours before hand, it's once white fur stained red with blood that he assumed not it's own. He placed his hand on the the beasts stomach. The wolfs eyes shoot open, it looks around in panic, shifting in the process. The man is shocked to see a naked teenage girl instead of the male he was expecting to appear. He goes to call for his assistant who was around somewhere looking for survivors just like he had been previously, but is interrupted by the girl whispering something, he leans down to listen.
'Save her. In the tree.' The young girl repeats, her breathing becoming laboured,
'I'll find her. Don't worry. I'll be right back.' He stands as the girl whispers a thank you. She smiles to herself, that man had saved her life and the lives of her pack twice in one day. She was relived as he walked away, a weight had been lifted off her chest and breathing felt easier. Slower. Until it stopped completely. The man hadn't noticed, he was to busy looking for the 'her' that the girl mentioned. Looking up in the tree tops, he listens, not having fine tuned hearing like the wolves that lie dead on the ground, but still being able to pick up on the faint sound of a baby's cry in the distance. He follows the noise as best as he can, he sighs as he comes across yet another naked teenage girl lying still in the grass, bloody and beaten. Red paw prints scattered on the ground beside the body as well as on the girls shoulders and stomach, but it was hardly noticeable due to the amount of blood from the girl. Another cry pulls his attention away from the girl to the tree she lies in front of. He can't see a thing, he goes to move on when something catches his eye. A small opening in the base of the tree near the roots, he kneels down beside it and is surprised as to what he sees inside. A baby. He reaches inside and pulls it out gently. He softly places the baby on the grass, reaching inside again to pull out the other items inside. A stuffed wolf and a note. He opens it, barley able to read the rushed hand writing.
'To whoever is reading this, you are now the sole guardian of this baby girl.
This girl is special, let no harm be done to her.
Please take good care of her.'
He stands and holds the girl in his arms, his assistant runs to him, seeing he has something in his arms.
'Any survivors?' He asks hopefully,
'None, you?' She replies.
'Two. But I think it's too late for her.' He says heading back to the young girl who had asked him to find the baby. Just as he had thought, she lies still, a faint smile on her face.
'What do we do now?' The woman asks looking around her, she knows that her boss would send out a crew to bury the bodies of the pack in their land to give them a proper rest. He boss sighs looking at the small girl in his arms,
'We go home.'