Chapter 5

EMILY'S POV

"What do you think you're doing, Jane?" I ask my mother, I haven't called her Mum or anything related to that since Dad died, even before than it was a rare thing,

"How dare you speak to me like that!"

"How dare you speak to me like that, I am your Alpha!" I say, emphasising the word 'me',

"I am your mother!"

"You were never a mother to me, Jane." I say coldly,

"Why on Earth or any other planet would you bring that, that Mutt into this house?" she says brushing off my last comment,

"Because I'm Alpha and I can do what ever I want!" I yell, laughing at myself mentally bringing memories back into my head of Jane yelling at Dad for giving me and Ben ice cream before dinner and him just yelling, 'I'm thirteen, I do what I want.' Ben and I used to think that he was the funniest person alive when we were little.

"You have five seconds to come up with a better reason, or else."

"Or else what? You can't do anything, unless you're challenging me, in that case I have the right to rip your head off right this second."

"Tell me who that Mutt is or I will challenge you and win."

"Listen Jane, that 'Mutt' is my mate, if you ever say that word in this house or even on this territory again you will be trialled for discrimination against rouges and be killed." I say, using her words against her.

"Your fucking what?!!" she yells, like she missed the rest of my warning,

"My 'fucking' mate, Jasmine is my Luna. Suck it up sunshine, looks like I'm lesbo." I say, infuriating Jane, she is a very religious person, so I'm hoping my choice of words will send her over the edge. And it does, she raises her hand and hits me across the cheek, I feel my face swelling as everything starts to turn dark until it's black. The last thing I remember is the smell of the forest and a loud growl.

JASMINE'S POV

I listened to the whole convocation, but the second I heard her mother hit her that was it, I leap up the stairs shifting half way. I brake through the door and growl as loud as I possibly can,

'I agree. No one hits my mate, but maybe you should settle down a bit, just breathe' Lupus yells into my brain, I ignore him and jump onto the lady that hit her, I growl again showing my teeth and making her whimper, I slowly get off not wanting to fight someone defenceless, she shifts into a dark grey wolf, three quarters my size. I circle her, she stands there in a defensive position, I snap at her and she leaps for the door. I chase after her at full speed, I catch her just as she goes out the front door. I tackle her to the ground, biting at her face, she pushes me off and scratches my back leg as she does. We walk in a fighting circle me snapping at her and her jumping back, until finally I leap on her, I bite and grab at whatever I can, I get her in the stomach, on the tail and the snout. I get right up close and growl in her face, she whimpers and looks away submissively. I raise my paw and just as I'm about to finish what I started, I hear Ben yelling, I look over to the drive and see him climbing out of a blue car with two other guys I leave the wolf and growl at them, the other two drop, showing I'm a more dominant male. Ben isn't so easy, I growl again, warning him, but he chooses not to back down. I lower to the ground ready to pounce on him, ignoring my back leg, when Emily tackles me to the ground I look into her eyes and instantly calm down, I shift back into human form. Emily's black wolf still on top of me, I look into her blue eyes, getting lost, her eyes are a beautiful ocean color. I lower my eyes to let her know she is more dominant. She shifts and rolls off of me. The two guys that lowered their heads to me growl because they have realised that I am not male, I smile a bit because I calmed down, but than I remember why I turned in the first place, I roll on top of Emily and force her to look at me, I can feel all eyes burning into my head, I turn her head with my finger to see a slight bruise that has already started to heal.

"I'm fine, you think you could get off, maybe?" she says,

"No, I'm happy here, you seem to be happy here, everyone's happy." I smile at her and she laughs, she flips us over so now she's on top. She smirks evilly at me,

"I'm fine here." She says,

"So am I." I reply knowing it'll get a reaction. She leans down and hovers above my face, I am secretly going crazy, I try and hide it, but I don't succeed. She leans down further and kisses me right on the lips, I instantly kiss back moving my arms and placing them around her waist. Not the reaction I was hoping for, but even better I pull away and smile at her, she smirks at me and leans in again, her lips brush against mine, but is she is pulled away, I open my eyes to see a very angry woman with a cut from just under the corner of her mouth to the middle of her nose. I smirk waiting for her to do something, she reaches down and grabs me by my hair and pick me up, it hurts like a bitch, but I don't show any sign of weakness. I'm hanging off the ground by at least a foot by my hair,

"I'm going to kill you, you fucking Mutt!" She throws me to the ground and kicks me in the stomach. I hear four growls behind me, I look to where they're coming from.

"I told you not to say that word, especially about my mate." Emily growls out. The two guys grab Jane and drag her away,

"Come on, I'll take you to the pack docter." Emily says.

EMILY'S POV

'You kissed her.' Ben says in my mind, because were twins I can speak to him through a mind link when I don't have the pack link open.

'Yep, I did.' I reply, proud of myself,

'What if I said that I found my mate too?'

'I would say, Bullshit, you can only find your mate when you're 16.'

'We are 16, we turned 16 last week, remember? The pack had a party for us and you didn't show up?'

'Shit! I'm so, so, so, sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you.'

'Okay, you can make it up to me by having the South Black Wood Pack over for a joining-of-the-packs ceremony.' I let go of Jasmine, causing her to stumble a bit, but still stay standing up.

'Umm, what?' I say,

'My mate is Riley.' I block out the link and ran out of the pack hospital building and into the woods letting Lily take over fully.

-------------------

Who's Riley? Any ideas?

-Anonymous