4: The New Kid Project

Wednesday 28th December

The new kids arrived today. The car pulled up to the iron gate and as it did so, nearly the whole of the student body gathered on the field just because we're all nosey. I stood with my brother and we watched as the car doors opened and out stepped a girl, a boy and an infant, all with dark hair.

I immediately tried to figure out what sort of people they were. I assumed they were going to be annoying, or at least worship Carmelita, but I wasn't too sure. They looked kind of...scared. Especially since there were close to 300 other kids staring at them and whispering. I mean, if it were me I'd be uncomfortable too.

They stood outside the car for forever which was kind of weird. I mean, I get it that they were scared or something but wouldn't of been better to just...do it?
Surely it would be better to just get the first introductions out of the way. Things would probably be easier for them after that. I think.

Actually, thinking about it, probably not. Unless of course they worship Carmelita. But I guess that wouldn't even make it that much easier.
I didn't know for sure, because obviously I was never a part of Carmelita's little gang, but I was almost certain that she made all of her comrades buy her things all the time otherwise they were kicked out of this group. Which was stupid. Why would you want to buy that cow anything?

The new kids finally got the balls to open the gate (well done) and they walked inside, looking at us like we were criminals or something. I don't know, they looked scared and slightly disgusted. Posh upbringing maybe? Same bro.

But me and my brother have learnt the hard way that having an easy start to life doesn't mean that it's all a walk in the park.

If you think about it, life is like playing hopscotch but you're blindfolded and you're on fire and the floor doesn't exist.

So yeah, if they did have an easy upbringing they were about to get a hefty reality check

~Isadora