Chapter 37

Desi's POV

Nick always put me through shit. Always. It was in his fucking nature to hurt me. I cried most of the day finding out Nick basically cheated on me until I picked myself up. I had classes, I had assignments to write and finals to prepare for.

I'd get Nick back. One way or another.

The next day, I sat with Luke, Tamara and George in the library. The two were on and off every few days. They said they wanted to remain friends for sure while they worked out their problems.

''I'm so done with this.'' George groans shutting his book. ''I need to pass this exam.'' I say wishing I could just shut this book and go home. ''I can't even think properly.''

''So what has been going on in your life?'' George asks. ''I'm in contact again with my birth mother.'' I tell them. Luke and Tamara both look up from their laptops. ''Really?'' Tamara says. ''You never told me.'' She expected me to do the whole best friend thing where anything that happens I need to call or run to her to tell her. Not since Kammy. I keep it all in now.

''Yeah. Nick actually found her and it was a crazy few days but we speak on the phone everyday. She is literally my new best friend.'' I chuckle. ''She went back to Seattle.''

''Aw. I am so happy for you.'' Tamara says. ''That was nice of Nick.'' Luke says and I nod. ''Yeah.'' I say. ''Sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.'' I say sighing. I could not believe I was going to cry about Nick infront of them. I blink my tears away and they all just stare at me. ''What is the matter?'' George asks. ''Nick is not always so sweet is he.'' Tamara adds and I shrug. He was a dick sometimes.

''Why what happened?'' George says and Tamara tells him about the party. I think she disliked Nick more than she was trying to look out for me now. ''Did you speak to him?'' Luke asks. ''I am sure Nick would never intentionally do something to hurt you. You know he lacks theory of mind right? He wouldn't even picture how you would feel. It takes him like a day to get it.'' He says standing up for his brother. It was really cute to see how Luke was defending Nick and show casing him in a very loving manner. He really must love him. ''I know. But thats just fucked up.'' I say. ''I spoke to him and things kind of went all the way left. Ariel made it a point that she kissed him and he did not stop her.''

''Oh.'' Luke says.

''See. I think you deserve better.'' Tamara says.

''He didn't sleep with her or anything.'' I say defending him. ''He has got her so brainwashed.'' George says. Luke laughs at George throwing the lid of the pen at him. ''You are just secretly inlove with her.'' He says and George throws it back. ''Shut up.'' He says.

''I think you guys will be fine.'' Luke says. ''Nick can't last a day without you.''

''Its been two days.'' I say.

''What did you do to him?''

''I kneed him in the crotch.''

''Yeah, give him a few morgood days.'' Luke says laughing.

''So does she live with them?'' Tamara asks. ''The blonde girl.''

''Yeah.'' I say shrugging. ''And you trust that?''

''Well no not anymore.'' I say and she nods. ''Be smart girl.''

''I think I am gonna call him.'' I say and she shakes her head. Nick messed up but he was actually the most amazing boyfriend ever. Even if it took two years to become one. Sometimes I wondered if I deserved him with all the stuff he did for me and how much he cared about me. It was fucked up yes but guys are guys and I have made it clear now. I just could not loose Nick. Not over this. ''Atleast wait until he calls.'' Tamara says and I nod. ''Okay.''