Chapter 43

Nick's POV

"Why didn't you tell me you were relapsing?" She asks as her head was laying on my chest. She looks up at me waiting for me to answer. "You were out here. Didn't want you to worry." I say and she rolls her eyes. It was 4 in the morning and I had a plane to catch at 10.

"So you are actually leaving me today." Desi says. "Id say we had a really good time." She smiles and I pull her in kissing her smile. I wanted to leave here but not leave her. I wish she'd come back with me. She sits up and wraps the sheets around her naked body. Her neck full of hickeys, her hair a mess and her lips pink and swollen. "Before you leave we need to talk Nick." She says chewing her lower lip. I thought we just got over it- we were the new and improved Nick and Desi.

"Okay." I say sitting up. I pull my boxers back on and sit back down.

"We need some kind of plan." She says. "Where are we going with this relationship?" She says

"I don't know." I say. "I asked you to marry me and you disappeared." I tell her. She pushes me back and straddles my lap leaning in kissing me. "It had nothing to do with you. It was Kammy's death."

"Anyway." I say not wanting to go down that road again. "I want to have a family, a house and kids and I want to send my kids to private school with school uniforms." She says smiling. She wasn't even looking at me. She had a glazed look over her eyes as if she was dreaming about it. The urge to make that dream come true was crazy. Of course I wanted that with Desi but not now? I lived in a way too dangerous world to be having children.

"You know I can't give you that right now." I say and she nods. "Because Collin's Crew comes first." She says.

"Not forever."

"I know." She says and I nod. "We cant have a family and kids and spend the rest of our lives together if were having those explosives fights." She says

"I don't just get angry out of nowhere." I say looking at her. "Well sometimes you get angry at irrational things." She says frowning. "Its because you know how to push my buttons."

"Anyone knows how to push your buttons!" She says and I see she's laughing. I push her off of me hoovering over her. She giggles and looks at me. "I don't want you to leave." She says looking at me. "I love you." I tell her. "I really do."

"I love you." She says sighing pulling me down kissing my lips. "When are you coming back to New York?" I ask.

"When summer ends." She says. "I really like it here with my mom Nick. Its like making up for the time we lost."

We fall asleep after a while but my alarm wakes me up at 7. Just an hour sleep, I get in the shower and get dressed and ready. Desi sat in her underwear watched me get ready.

"I'll come with you- to the airport." She smiles and I chuckle. "Its fine. Whats the point?"

"No, I want to." She says and I nod. "Get ready then." I say throwing my towel at her face. She gets dressed in jeans and a top that showed an inch of her belly as her jeans were high waisted. I couldn't believe I was leaving her. I honestly wish she'd come with me.

"Guys Nick is leaving." Desi announces as she walks down the stairs.

"So thanks for having me." I tell Hailey and she smiles hugging me. "Take care Nick, thanks for coming babe." She says. Karen sat on the couch and got up. "I'm really sorry I invaded your privacy." She says and I nod. Get lost. "Bye Nick, it was nice of you to come. We enjoyed your company. You really are a delight with Desi and you make her so happy, its heart warming to see." The grandma says. She wasnt aware of the times I almost killed her grandchild, but good to hear really.