Chapter 40

Nick's POV

I really did not want to see Desi right now. CJ and Mason disappeared and Desi sits down on the floor infront of me in between my legs. "I'm sorry for what just happened." She says. I could hear her but I couldn't really hear her. I felt like my chest was on fire. Like I couldn't breathe when she stared at me. Then I felt my head shouting at me telling me to tell her to fuck off. To leave me alone. She had the power to hurt me as well as make me feel like the happiest man alive and that was so dangerous. She could make me do anything for her even without asking. I woke up thinking about her and went to sleep thinking about her. The power she had over me was getting out of hand. She let me be a fool today.

"Nick..." she says and I get out my thoughts.

"You fucked him didnt you." I say. "Thats why he's so obsessed with you. Let him sleep in your apartment and all. So what you let him fuck you and you start telling him about what a shitty boyfriend I was for leaving and you added everything about my problems to the guy I cannot stand the most." Desi's mouth falls a little open.

"Don't be a dick." She says as I see the tears welling up in her eyes. Good, I was trying to hurt her just like she did to me.

"Me? Being a dick?" I say staring her right in the eye. "Get out of my face." I say hoistening her up. "Let go- no. Nick let me fucking explain."

"Explain what? You let him sleep in your apartment and was never planning on telling me about it."

"It wasn't like that." She says. "You left and he was my only friend. You decided to leave me." She shouts at me.

"So I leave for a couple of days and you spread your legs." I snap back at her. She slaps my face out of the hurt she just felt. "You have no right to talk to me like that." She says as she carries on hitting me and my chest. I push her back and she falls on the my bed. Out of breathe she moves her hair out of her face.

"I'm done with whatever this is." I tell her. "Hopefully he's still alive for you to run back to him." She gets up and looks at me. "You're right." She says. "I let him fuck me." She says. "Everywhere. Everywhere we have ever been he has been too. He was good too." She says staring me directly. My stomach turns at her words. I felt physically sick and angry as well as betrayed at the same time. "Shut up." I whisper barely. "You wanted to know. All because youre a lousy fucking boyfriend and when I needed you he was there for me." She says. "I let him fuck me and it was good too. Like the olden times."

I punch my own wall in better than her face right? My knuckles already sore my blood is everywhere on the wall as I punch it over and over and over again. I grab the chair throwing it through my window. "Stop Nick stop." Desi screams as I carried on punching the wall. I take her arm and push her off of me towards the broken window. "Nick stop." I say as I dangle her out the window. "If you're not mine, you can't be anyones." I tell her feeling the cloud coming over my head.

"Nick." A voice says behind me. Someone pushes me back and pulls Desi out of my grip. It was Mason who stared at me with big eyes. Like he always did when I was younger. Desi was crying and her cry echoed in my mind. My vision blurred and I knew I was blacking out. I fall on my knees before I feel the sharp pain of the glass on my face as I fall.

"Nick? Nick!" I hear Mason say before im completely gone.

I wake up again and open my eyes looking around the room. Mason and CJ stood next to the windows cleaning glass off the floor. I recallbin a blur my most extreme fight with Desi so far. I tried to kill her. I don't know what came over me- or who told me to do it. Was it me this time and not the voices?

"Look whose awake." CJ says

"Where is Desi?" I say and Mason looks at me. "She's with Cleo. She refused to go home. Nick you completely lost it. You tried throwing her out the window." Mason says. "I don't know why I did that." I say and he looks at me. "You need to see a doctor Nick. You're relapsing."