Let Me Introduce Myself

Victoria's POV

Violence...you've been warned...read at your discretion.

The old oak table with its high back chairs has silently stood witness to generations of Alphas leading at the head of it. Even with all the scratches and dents, it's still beautiful and strong.

His Betas are to his right and left, plates full of food. Fin at the head, commanding his empire where once I sat....

No spot is saved for me. Maps are spread out as they scrutinize my territory lines. Grey standing tall and straight on Fin's left just behind him....eyes downcast to the empire before him.

Fin watches my eyes take this in, he wants me to understand I have no place anymore. He is setting a precedent on how I should be treated, a former leader that has no status. I take a breath turning away from them all. No breakfast is saved, nothing but empty dishes greet me on the slate countertops.

My soul bleeds against the thorns he's putting in my path...this new oppression has my shoulders wanting to curve slightly forward in defeat. The wolf in me snarls at my actions, she will not tolerate my feelings of self-pity.

There is a need to leave, this is not a life I can continue living anymore. I'm finished fighting, I have no strength left inside me. Again the wolf paces inside of me... agitated, she is the fighter that I can count on, always the strength I lean on.

Averting my eyes, only to walk away from my former table that holds no place for me anymore.

"Victoria." His silky voice makes my skin burn hot with a red flush. The undeniable connection between us cannot be ignored physically, despite our mental fortitude the bond between us is binding its own will solidly around us, we are no match against the Moon's Pull.

"Fin," Turning around facing him, crossing my arms over my chest for protection against this male.

It's his eyes that dance along my skin, making my breath come out faster than it should. His jaw clenches tightly as his gaze slowly drops away from my body.

"I need to know your territory lines on the Southern Border."

Walking towards the table bristling slightly towards his Beta, I lean over Fin's right shoulder slightly, not touching him but close enough to feel the heat radiating off his body. He shifts slightly in his seat with my nearness to him.

I trace the boundary lines with my finger turning my head slightly towards Fin's neck, I give myself a small pleasure....inhaling his scent wishing I could just touch my nose to his skin.... once.

My wolf howling her compulsions at me to take our male in front of his men, mark him as ours. His eyes locked to mine in warning....no male should possess eyes like his, that can tie you to your spot making it impossible to move.

Taking a deep breath, beating the wolf down inside me I pick up the map, crumpling it into a ball putting it into Fin's hand.

"This could be your territory Fin, everything...it's your time."

I'm met with absolute silence, shock on all the warriors' faces except Fin, he's looking at me. Grey turns his head away looking out the window, he knows what's coming.

"How do you think I should go about doing that Victoria?" He's serious, my idea turning in his head. All Alphas covet land and power...they all seek to leave a legacy...

"First you have the wrong wolves at your table." My words are met with low growls, that threaten violence. I stand my ground by Fin's right shoulder staring at his Betas daring them to act on their promises...they don't and my words are justified.