Temptation

Finian's POV

Blazing sun filled eyes hold an intensity that creates a burning sensation for a fleeting moment that runs down my spine reaching my toes. Needing to look away from her, the little body of my female is completely covered except her face that is pressed against Meela's chest. She's done sucking, fallen asleep her face looks content no longer scrunched up in pain from a belly that has nothing inside it.

Meela leans her head on my shoulder, nose pressed against my skin, her breathing becoming deeper, softer, less harsh.

A bereaved soul is sinking into me with griefs exhaustion.

"Why Fin?" Words coming downturned ready to threaten another rise of hysterics from a female on the edge of her sanity.

"I don't know why, Meela." My hand on the pup's body because her hand is taken away from her as if she forgot she was even there. Meela's hand against my chest, the fabric of my shirt is being scrunched in her closing hand.

"I have a hole right here." She touches her chest where her heart is. Renewed whimpers quietly start back up. She cries until her tears run out until her body shuts down.

The creak of the floorboard has my head looking in the doorway. Sophie, who faces is drawn in with her despair regards us.

"She's finally sleeping." A blown out breath of relief. Thomas behind Sophie with his hand on her shoulder.

"Thomas can you take her from me." He nods his head reaching for Meela.

"Just put her on the couch." He takes a blanket off the couch wrapping Meela's half naked form up before he takes her from my lap. I see a flash of her inner thighs that still have the dried blood that's starting to flake off of her. Looking down at my lap, my pants are covered in birthing blood that's still trickling out of her body.

"Sophie why don't you go get some sleep, I'm here now. I'll watch over her for a while longer alright. Thomas can you put me on the couch too." He picks me up with a grunt, face turning a shade of red with the strain of my weight.

Before he walks away, I grab onto his wrist pulling him back to me. "I'm proud of you Thomas; you held everything together. You didn't panic; you did what needed to be done. I just want to say thank you." Pulling him into me for a hug, he holds me for a minute while I feel his shoulders hunch slightly before he rights himself.

"Why don't you and your mate get some rest together. I'll be fine for a while here. Nothing more that can really be done except wait." Putting Meela's feet on my lap so she can at least have the comfort of the bond to have the good rest.

"If you need anything just call me." He turns from us leading Sophie softly away.

Looking down at my sleeping pup I can see Victoria in her features which pulls my lips into a half smile. Bringing her up to my face taking the scent in, Victoria's decaying smell clings to her but there is a subtle note of warm sunshine that lays just on the surface of her skin.

Looking towards Meela her sleeping form visibly relaxed in sleep that is consuming her.

"Alpha Fin." Lana, the healer, standing in the entrance way of the room.

"Yes, Lana." I never noticed the way she moves before; it's as if she is made of vapor just gliding over the surface. 

A trick played on my eyes.

"Victoria is still bleeding heavily, and there is something I need that is only grown in the Far  North territory. I've sent a message to their healers asking for it, but Alpha Borson is refusing to send it to me."