Six

"I can't believe I'm fucking doing this."

The living room was absolutely covered in blankets. Covered. Maddie had made sure that the goons under her control turned the living room into a massive pillow fort complete with anything she and her daddy would need during the five or so hours they would be there watching movies. The goons were too terrified to refuse the girl's requests, afraid of what it would mean for them if their boss found out. She didn't even have to ask aggressively; they darted away to do her bidding the instant she nicely asked if they would help her.

As the Joker entered the room, he saw snacks littered across the blanketed and pillowed floor and a big bowl of popcorn sitting on the couch. There was also a row of DVDs laid out on the floor, assumingely for him to select two movies from. His young ward was nowhere to be seen.

J cautiously sat himself down next to the DVDs and began perusing through the titles. The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Tangled... Are all of these fucking Disney princess movies?

What other Disney movies do you expect a little girl to watch?

I don't fucking know. Let's see... Lilo and Stitch, Moana, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King, Maleficent... Which of these would be the least painful to watch?

Ooh! Read the descriptions! That one with the blue alien dog thing looks fun!

You think everything is fun.

Wow. Rude much?

Shut up. I don't fucking care. I'll just pick Lilo and Stitch.

You're gonna listen to that idiot? Pick Maleficent. It's about an evil villain. Right up our alley.

Fine. Whatever. I'll pick both. I have to pick two movies anyway and there is no way in hell I'm watching a Disney princess movie.

"Daddy! Have you picked movies yet? I'm so excited to watch all of these!" Maddie squealed as she ran into the living room.

"Hold up, doll. You know I'm only watching two, right? That was the deal," J growled, nearly panicking at the thought of having to watch all of the movies Madeline had laid out.

"Yes. Duh, Daddy. You only have to watch two, but I'm gonna keep watching more, and you can stay and watch them too," she assured him.

"Trust me, I won't," J muttered.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

"Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind."

That's it. I'm gonna lose it. It's so sweet!

Oh my god fucking kill me.

Shut up! I'm trying to hear what's happening.

Joker was intently watching Lilo and Stitch, munching absentmindedly on popcorn as he sat in the pillow fort next to Maddie. Both of their eyes were wide as they watched the plot thicken and unfold on screen.

It's getting good. The alien thing is less evil than I would like, but least he's still a mischievous little shit.

As the movie began to draw to a close, J was alarmed to discover that the movie was making him feel... something. He felt too connected to Stitch and the situation felt too similar to their own. God, that alien police guy is so much like Batman it's fucking ridiculous. He was relieved when it finally ended, letting him continue to escape his feelings.