Christmas Bonus

Disclaimer: I must tell you guys that the events depicted in this chapter do not actually occur in the storyline. This is more of a 'what if' or 'what could have been' scenario. You could probably consider this to be an alternate reality or timeline. With that in mind, please continue and enjoy. Happy New Year!
————————————————————

Maddie woke up with a bright smile on her face. She checked the calendar hanging on the wall next to her bed to be sure. Sure enough, the date she'd circled in red was today. She'd crossed out the days leading up to December 25 all month.

Madeline had been eagerly awaiting this day since Thanksgiving, which was an exciting day in itself. That was the day that her daddy had busted down the doors of Wayne Manor and stole her back. She'd been stuck there the entirety of his incarceration until that day, at which point he escaped and immediately came for her before the news could spread. Joker had broken into their Thanksgiving dinner and gave the richboy such a whack on the head, it'd be a wonder if he remembered any of it.

Madeline giggled when she thought about the rescue and hopped out of her bed. She felt full to bursting of excited energy, anxious to see what Santa and everybody had given her. She was especially nervous about her daddy opening her gift to him. I hope he likes it. I really want to make him smile.

Maddie smiled happily at her Christmas onesie, the only present she'd been allowed to open last night.

A soft knock came at the door before Andy and Tommy opened it.

"Hey, girlie," Tommy greeted. "Merry Christmas!"

"Is it time to open presents?" Maddie asked.

"Yes, but first we want to take some pictures of you at the top of the stairs before you come down," Andy replied.

She nodded in understanding before following the couple down the hall to the staircase. Even a month later, she was still trying to get used to the new house and find her way around.

Andy and Tommy walked down the stairs and Maddie paused at the top, sitting down on one of the topmost steps and posing for a picture. She placed her chin in her hands and smiled angelically at the pair as they laughed and snapped some photos.

"Alright, I think we've taken enough pictures. Why don't you come on down?" Andy suggested.

Maddie didn't need to be told twice. She flew down the stairs like a flash and bolted to the living room, where the Christmas tree had been set up.

Madeline gasped when she walked in. There were more presents under the tree than there had been on her birthday. The presents from Santa were out and unwrapped in front. Behind that were tons of wrapped gifts from Joker, Andy, and Tommy. Somewhere in the massive pile of gifts were the ones she had gotten for Frosty and her three caregivers.

She was immediately drawn to the large Barbie Dreamhouse parked right in the center. Maddie's eyes grew wide at the dollhouse as she took in the sight of the gift. She looked back at Andy and Tommy, as if for confirmation that she wasn't dreaming. When the couple nodded in encouragement she dashed over to the house and reverently ran her hands over its surface. Once she had fully processed the crown jewel, she moved on to appreciate all her other gifts from Santa.

She found various Barbie and Ken dolls, as well as stuffed animals and a few movies that she'd been begging for in her letter. Joker had suggested she write a letter to 'Santa' letting him know exactly what she wanted (seeing as visiting a mall Santa was out of the question).

As Maddie fiddled with the dolls and other toys, she heard loud footsteps entering the room. The girl slowly turned her head to face the newcomer, only to freeze in shock, star struck. Santa is in my living room. Santa. Clause. Is. Here.