Ch 3: Powers?

Author's Note: Honestly, I'm writing this mainly because when I have a story idea I just indulge myself and write it. So even if no one is really reading this, I'll probably still continue writing it. So yeah... Thanks!

*You know the drill with the thoughts and all that, right? Okay I'm gonna just start writing now...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay. So, just to get this straight, I can hear your thoughts and you can hear mine?" 

Yes. You're the only person this has ever happened to. My powers never work like this...

"Wait, did you just say you have powers?"

Crap. I let it slip out. Maybe I can just erase her memory later on... (A/N: flashback to that banana character thing from the New Year's episode)

"You know I can still hear you, right? And NO you cannot just erase my memory whoever-you-are! That sounds so sketchy." 

Believe me, it looks more sketchy than it really is.

"That's not making me feel better," Akemi sighed in her mind as well as in real life. "So these powers of yours... What do you mean exactly?" 

Tsk. I can't believe how much of a problem you've become.

"Excuse me? It's not like I asked to read some rude guy's mind! If it were up to me, I would have the ability to fly or become the Avatar (A/N: disclaimer I do not own ATLAB or LOK) or something."

Well I'm not thrilled about this.

"Neither am I. Look, I promise to keep quiet. But you have to help me understand all of this." 

Not that I understand more than you, but I'm curious.

"And you're gonna have to be honest with me. Starting with who the heck you are."

It would be so much easier to just erase your memory.

"Say that one more time, I dare you. Those are fighting words." 

In a fight against me, you'd lose.

"I wouldn't bet on that just yet... You don't know me." 

Well I guess we're going to have to get to know each other if you're so insistent on finding out more about this.

"And your powers."

It doesn't concern you.

"If I can listen to your thoughts, then yes, it does concern me." 

Saiki knew this would not get them anywhere. He also knew that she had a point, as much as he hated to admit it.

After school on the rooftop. No one has the keys, so we won't be disturbed up there.

"God, you make it sound so sketchy." Akemi chuckled. "I'll be there, mystery psychic." 

How did she know I was a psychic? 

"Hello, you asked me if I was a psychic in the last chapter (A/N: fourth wall = broken), remember? Although, I'm pretty sure that wasn't on purpose. Anyways, until then." 

Until then, Akiyama-san.

------

It had been half an hour since their conversation. During class, she didn't hear any of the mysterious person's thoughts and her mind was too busy focusing on the teacher's lesson.