Ch 6: Poor Takahashi, pt. 2

A/N: THE PLOT THICKENS

DUN DUN DUUUUN

*sorry for the time skip I hope it doesn't seem too abrupt...

----

Friday

"Alright class, I'll be taking attendance." Matsuzaki Sensei announced.

Many of their classmates groaned or spaced out. Thoughts jumbled throughout the air. Slightly annoying was a mild way of putting it. But Akemi had been getting used to it and, oddly enough, began to like the hectic blur of thoughts. It was easier to read people and their interests. It was sort of like a manual for getting along with people. Knowing who was a friend and who was a foe.

Luckily, she had learned to grow tolerant to Teruhashi's annoying little rampages of announcing her beauty and perfection to the world. It was irritating, yes, but Akemi knew that a lot of girls would love to have the kind of confidence and self-love Teruhashi has. In terms of self-esteem, she sort of envied her.

"Oh well. People all have their strengths and weaknesses."

Some more than others.

Akemi slowly sat up straighter, feeling an odd sense of worry."Hey, do you notice something strange?" 

I don't know what it is, but yeah, I feel like something is about to happen.

Suddenly, while Matsuzaki was still taking attendance, Takahashi clenched his stomach while groaning in pain. He struggled to get the words out of his mouth. "My stomach.. It hurts..."

This wasn't supposed to happen until the Okinawa trip.

"How would you know?"

Let's just say I know from alternate timelines...

"Okay, I'm worried about him, but side note: you should tell me about that later on because that's pretty cool."

You think all our powers are cool.

"Drawbacks are becoming normal for this kind of thing. I guess I'm just getting used to them." 

You really are something else.

Matsuzaki had stopped taking attendance, "Takahashi, shut up will you? You can fool around all you want when we all go to Okinawa. Oh, sorry Akemi."

He assumed she was still depressed about the fact she couldn't go on the trip. But, to be completely honest, she was fine. "Matsuzaki Sensei, it's really okay. I understand why I can't go so it's no big deal."

The class sighed with a familliar feeling of warmth and admiration. "That's Akemi. She's so freaking nice even in this situation. She's a great friend."

Takahashi, however, was far from feeling "great". He clenched his stomach tighter, curling up in his seat with his head on the desk. "I think I'm gonna explode! It hurts really badly.."

Akemi was the first to jump into action and rose from her seat to run to Takahashi. "Matsuzaki Sensei, he's not faking it. I can tell. Takahashi is goofy, but he's not one to pull a stunt like this just for attention. He needs medical care."

"You have a point. I'll go notify the teachers and call an ambulance, you take him to the nurse's office. Hang in there Takahashi!"

Akemi helped him up from his seat. He was still clenching his stomach, but stood limply. Akemi grabbed his arm and wrapped it over her back and soulders, hoisting him up more to support his body weight. "Oi, Saiki! Help me carry him to the infirmary."