Ch 12: Changes in Heart

A/N: I hope that my fanfiction brightens your day~!

-----------------------------------

"The sun is hot, isn't it?"

The words stumbled from Akemi as Saiki continued to hold her shaky figure.

Saiki smirked as he continued to look into her eyes. She couldn't take her words back even if she wanted to. And trust me, she really wanted to...

I suppose the sun is pretty hot. His smirk grew slightly and Akemi knew that he was just making fun of her for that nervous statement.

Slightly scrunching up her face in embarrassment, her blush deepened. "I didn't say anything.... You're done with my back, right? I'll return the favor--" She mumbled to shake off the uneasy, bashful feeling as she moved out of his grip and behind the pink-haired boy.

Before he could protest, Akemi had squirted a dollop of (DAISY^tm, jk) sunscreen onto her hand and started to rub her hands together. Realising that their entire group was staring at them, he tried to get Akemi to stop... But it was too late. She began rubbing the back of his neck and top of the shoulders then moved on to his shoulder blades and upper portion of his back. Finally lowering her hands to his lower back, she continued to rub the sunscreen lotion into his skin. She was blushing but was grateful Saiki couldn't see her.

Trying to rub the excess sunscreen into his sides, he jumped a little.

"Hold up..." Akemi's hands were frozen on his sides as a smirk began to grace her face. "Kusuo, are you ticklish?"

No. His voice was steady, as usual, but something in his tone made it seem like Akemi was right.

"Oh really?" She evilly chuckled as she tickled his sides ferociously. He didn't laugh, but rather squirmed in bursts of soundless, uncontrollable spasms. Finally, he fell on the sand in defeat.

"Payback for earlier!" Akemi laughed as she tickled him more. Even while tickling him, though, she couldn't help but internally assess the situation as well as his body (LMAO) (also, she be checking him out i see you girl).

Okay, you win. *sigh* That was a dirty trick..

"Oh really? And what would you know about dirty things? I thought you weren't like Toritsuka?" Akemi laughed mischieviously knowing that she had definitely won the battle against Saiki's playfullness.

Wait, was it playfullness? Flirtation? Or was this a friendly thing?

Akemi didn't know the answer to that. Thoughts were overwhelming her and she decided that it would be better not to know the specifics. Sometimes, life just worked however it wanted to without giving anyone a rhyme or reason as to why.

As she got lost in her thoughts, Saiki began to put sunscreen on the rest of his upper body. He had left noticible streaks and hadn't rubbed it in.

"You're doing it wrong, Ku." the psychic-girl sighed in response to the other psychic's inability to properly put sunscreen on. "You aren't rubbing it in well--"

Ugh, sunscreen is annoying. Oh well. This good enough...

"You'll get sunburn if you leave it that way. Let me help.."

Before she could phathom what she said, her instincts to help others kicked in naturally. She was now facing Kusuo as she began to rub in the lotion onto his arms. His arms were firmer than she expected them to be (eyyyy) but not in a gross vein-y muscular way. She used both hands to rub in the sunscreen.

"You're hopeless, aren't you? Just like a kid..."

Hey, I'm not a kid.

"I'm sorry, who needs help putting on sunblock?" she teased with a smile, knowing that his protests were futile.