Chapter 7

After we were done with our dinner, I was doing the dishes in the kitchen and Becky came and nudged my shoulder. I looked at her and asked "what". She had this mischievous smile on her face and said "so?". "So, what" I asked. "I know you were with Jayson which is why you were late, tell me everything right now" she asked very excitedly.

I blushed hearing his name, goddess I was never the person who blushed what is wrong with me, I said "nothing happened, we just talked". "Talked about what" Becky asked. I shrugged and said "just class and stuff about it".

She squealed like a little girl "omg he's in your class, you never told me that". I tried to shush her, "no, shush we just have one class in common would you stop, it's not like he declared his undying love for me" and rolled my eyes at her but internally I was also jumping up and down. "Oh, shut up you, that's how things start, you talk and you kiss and you fall in love" she said dreamily.

"Becky, he's a human how will I ever explain things to him. I can't be like, hey, I'm a monster but I'll never harm you. What if he rejects me" I questioned and just the thought of him rejecting me broke my heart. Becky said "come here and sit with me", I washed my hands and went to sit with her.

She held my hand and said very softly, "Enna moon goddess made this person just for you, she wouldn't have brought him in your life if she were planning to make him reject you". "You aren't a monster, you're a beautiful person and there could be no other person who would be able to make him as happy as you could".

She added, "He'll never reject you sweety. And about your biggest worry, nothing could stop fate. What's supposed to happen will happen no matter how hard we try to stop it. We'll all protect him and when you are mated to him, he'll become a lycan and he'll be strong enough to protect himself. You're thinking too much, forget everything and just try to enjoy this feeling, fall in love and make him fall for you, moon goddess is watching over all of us".

This brought tears to my eyes, "Becky thank you so much for always being there for me. From the time we've moved away you've been like a mother to me even when I behave like a brat and if we see our ages, I should be the responsible one. Thank you so much, I love you". She got up and hugged me really tight and said "I love you more Enna, you're like my baby sister no matter how old you are and I'll always be there for you".

I smiled at her brightly, she said "now come on, it's not time to sulk, think about how you'll tell your mate our truth and make that handsome yours forever" and winked at me. I laughed at her and left to my room saying good night. I shouted "good night Liam" on my way upstairs and he shouted it back to me.

I was on my bed trying to fall asleep but I couldn't stop thinking about what happened today. He was so close to me; I was dying to run my hands in his curly hair and kiss him and claim his lips as mine forever. My lycan wanted to mark him right there so that everybody would know that he's mine and I'm his.

I was scared as well, scared that if I touched him and he felt the sparks I'd have to explain it to him. But it was still the best day of my life, my heart has never felt this kind of happiness ever, "god I'm officially crazy for him" I said to myself. I fell asleep replaying today again and again and smiling like a fool.

.........................................

I was ready by eight and went down for breakfast, who knew I'd become a morning person just to get to look at my mate. Becky and Liam weren't in the kitchen or in the living area. I knocked on their door, none of them answered.

I knocked again and shouted, "Liam! Becky! Li, are you both okay"? Liam opened the door, he said while yawning "what happened Enna why are up so early on a Saturday morning". "What" I shouted. My loud noise made him wince and he said "why are you shouting, go sleep and let me sleep as well" and he shut the door at my face.