Chapter 24

I said it. I told him. Why is he so quiet? We have been sitting like this for a few minutes now and he did not utter a word. I know it's hard and this is too much to process but his silence is killing me slowly. I can hear his soft breathing. I can also hear his heart beating and it's not as calm as he looks from outside.

My own heart was thumping against my chest. "Jayson" I whispered his name. He looked at me and it was like the haze he was in broke. I could see a storm of emotions brewing in his beautiful eyes. "Love say something please" I said again.

He pulled his hand away from mine and it was like a slap on my face. Suddenly the warmth I was feeling from my mate was not there. It felt like he was getting distant with every moment. He slowly got up and I followed his actions.

He started backing away from me. Every step he took away from me was like a stab to my heart. "Hey listen to me please, I know it's hard to understand and I'll never force myself on you. Just please don't leave like this, tell me what's going on in your head. Let me clear everything out" I said.

Tears were threatening to fall out of my eyes. "Please Jayson" I literally begged him. He rushed downstairs and I was right behind, asking him to talk to me. Becky and Liam came out of their room, they must have sensed my panic and pain.

Liam asked "What happened sorellina". I did not say anything I was just following my mate, my life who was just slipping out of my hands. He was at the door of my house, I fell to my knees "Jayson please don't go like this", he paused for a second but then left.

The moment he left; my whole world crashed in front of my eyes. I could hear footsteps approaching me, I could hear panicked voices calling out my name but why could I not feel anything. I could hear my heart beating in my ears but I could not feel it in my chest.

Liam grabbed my hands and shouted "answer me sorellina now". I could see the pain in his eyes. "I told him and he left" I whispered. Rage started building up in his eyes, "I'll not let him leave you like that" he growled.

"No" I said. He looked angrier "What the hell does that mean Enna, I'll kill him I don't care if he's your mate". "I said no Liam, I've been wanting him to leave from the beginning. He made the right choice" I said. It just hurts more than I thought.

Liam grabbed the table and threw it on the wall. The glass shattered piercing our skins but he was too angry to see it. He just ran to his room. Becky pulled me to her chest and I broke down. She was whispering things to me trying to calm me down.

I don't how long we sat like that, I don't know how long have I been crying. Becky called my name but I did not respond. She made me look up and pointed towards the door. When I turned, he was standing there.

My vision was blurry because of crying but I could feel it was him. "Jayson, I thought you made your choice" I said. Becky helped me stand and left to give us some privacy. He walked towards me and my heart was beating so fast that it was hurting.

"It's okay if you choose to leave Jay, it's hard to deal with but that's what I want too" I said without looking at him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to his chest. I gasped, his hands moved and grabbed my waist really tight.

"You don't get a say in this matter" he said and crashed his lips into mine. He kissed me really rough but passionate. I was too shocked to respond. Before my mind could process anything and respond he was pulled away from me. I instantly missed the feel of his soft lips on mine. The sparks that make me feel alive.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Liam had him pinned to the wall and had grabbed his throat. Liam growled "don't you fucking dare kiss my sister. You don't get to leave her to die like that and then come back and kiss her". His grip tightening on my mate's neck.