Chapter 35

I sat in the shower until the water ran cold. I was still furious about everything Daniel did and I was also furious at my mate and Becky. I did not understand why they are getting mad at me, that lying bastard deserves more than what I did to him today.

I got dressed and went downstairs, Becky was cleaning the mess of the shattered glass everywhere and Jay was helping her. I took in a deep breath and went to them, "you guys don't have to clean this, Liam will call in someone to do this" I said.

I waited for them to respond but they both pretended like they couldn't hear me and kept cleaning. "Okay then let me clean it, it's my mess" I said and tried stopping Becky to take the broom from her.

"Not the first time I'll be doing that for you, is it" Becky hissed at me. Her words were like a slap on my face, she never behaved like this with me. I took a few steps back and wiped the tear that fell from my eye. I took in a deep breath and asked "why are you angry with me, he betrayed us".

"He's your best friend's mate Amore and you nearly killed him" Jay said. "Are you kidding me, he's a lycan I barely damaged him" I said unable to believe both of them. Becky threw the broom away and stepped close to me, "how many times have I told you, violence is not always the answer Enna".

"Have you lost your mind, that bastard betrayed us, he put my mate and my best friend in danger" I shouted, now losing my control. "What would have you done if you were in his place" she shouted back. "Would you sit quietly and forget everything that happened or would you do exactly what he did, fight for the death of his innocent parents".

"I can't believe you right now. My family's fighting with me for someone who's nothing to us, for someone who has been lying to us since the beginning" I growled. I went to Jay and grabbed his hands, "Jay, my love, you please try to understand. I'm fighting for your safety; you've no idea the kind of danger he has brought on your head".

"How you let your rage consume you, scares me more than any other danger Amore" he said and I almost broke down. "I know what Daniel did was wrong but honestly even you know that any of us would have done the same thing. And he didn't even tell Heracles about us till now" he continued.

They were making me so furious, "Liam, where are you" I shouted for my brother. He came to us and I looked at him in desperation. "Guys, I know he's Violette's mate and trust me she's like a sister to me but Daniel's wrong, if he would've told us earlier, we would've done something about it by now" Liam said.

"Thank you brother" I said, "you don't know Heracles, neither of you have met him, trust me, Daniel might think he played him but he's always two steps ahead of everyone. There's a reason why he has managed to do everything he has been doing till now".

"You know Amore you speak like you're challenging everybody on his behalf. When you were fighting with Daniel it looked like you were punishing him for thinking that he could hurt Heracles" said my mate, piercing my heart with every word that came out of his mouth.

I took a few steps back and my brother grabbed me immediately, I looked at him and he had a pained look on his face. "Do you hear what they think of me brother" I whispered, "do you also think the same". "No sorellina I don't, I'm sure he doesn't mean it either" he said softly and wiped the tears I did not know fell from my eyes.

I stepped away from him, "I can't believe the people I love the most, the ones I'd die for question my love and loyalty because of an outsider" I whispered in denial. I stepped outside of the house and let my lycan take over me because I didn't think I had the strength to hold myself up.

My vision turned red, I looked up at the dark sky and howled in pain, even the moon was not there to hear me cry, to me give me some peace. I ran towards the jungle, I don't know where I was going, but I did not stop and I ran till my legs gave up.

..................................

The sun was shining bright in the sky when my eyes opened, I looked around and I was lying naked near the lake. Memories of last night came back to me and I did not want to go home. I couldn't even if I wanted to because I am naked and I can't walk back home like this.

Oh goddess, I don't even want to sit naked here all day but looks like I have no other option. After a while, I heard Liam's voice shouting out my name, I shouted back "I'm here but don't come I'm not wearing any clothes". "I know, I brought you some" his voice near now.

He threw my clothes from somewhere and I quickly got dressed and shouted "you can come now". He came and said, "come on we are going". "I don't want to Liam, I need some time alone" I sighed. "You have to, it's very important" his tone more urgent now. "What's wrong" I asked.

"Just please come with me" he said. "You're scaring me now Liam, is everything okay" I asked and he shook his head as no and tears fell from his eyes. My heart was thumping against my chest, my brother never cries. I grabbed his hand and asked him "please tell me, I can't wait till home".

"I failed you Enna, you trusted me so much and I failed you" he cried and fell on his knees. "Liam tell me what happened now" I cried out. He grabbed my hand and whispered "he took Jayson sorellina, he took your mate" he whispered.

Everything went silent, my heart, my breathing and I froze. My brother shouted my name and it felt like he was far away from, he shook my body but I could not move at my will. This can't be true, nobody can take Jayson away from me, he is mine. Finally, the paralysis broke and the cold wind hit me.

I stepped back from my brother, "you're lying, you're lying, nobody took him" I kept repeating. He looked like he wanted to say something but I started to run. Liam shouted my name but I did not turn back.

I was running bare feet, towards my house, to my mate. I know he is there; nobody took him. I don't know how but I finally reached my house. I slowed down and went in, Becky was sitting on the couch with Cris' head in her laps and Piero was standing by the window with his head hung low.

"Where is Jayson" I asked her. She put Cris' head down and got up. "Enna", "no don't lie to me, tell me where is my mate" I shouted. Liam also walked in the house, "sorellina please, we will get him back" he said. I punched him with all the strength "no, stop saying that".

"Please Enna, I'm sorry I let you down but please pull yourself together" he said. I hit him again and again "no, no, stop saying that. Say that he's here and nobody took him" I started crying. He grabbed my hands and pulled me to his chest, "tell me it's another nightmare brother, please wake me up like you always do" I cried.

"Please Liam" I sobbed. "I wish I could sorellina, I wish so bad" he cried with me. "I know I let you down Enna but I promise I'll bring him back to you. I'll search every corner of the world and I'll bring Jayson back to you" he promised.

I kept crying for my mate, I kept begging Liam to bring him back and he held me tight, like a father holds his child. He promised that he will bring my mate back to me, he promised that he will not let anything happen to him.

We sat there like that until I could not anymore and unconsciousness took over me.

....................................