Chapter 21

This bright light was hitting my face, who opened my curtains, I groaned internally. I tried to open my eyes but I did not even have the energy to do that. Something was poked into my one hand and someone was holding the other.

I tried to move it, "Enna, hey can you hear me" I heard my brother's voice. I tried to answer but my throat was so dry I could not say anything. I tried to open my eyes but it was too bright I immediately shut them. I heard the sound of curtains getting pulled.

"Try to open your eyes now sorellina" Liam said. I opened them slowly. Liam was standing there, he looked so tired there were bags under his eyes. "Hey how are you feeling" he asked. I looked around a drip was injected in my hand. There was water on the bed side. "Water" I tried to say in a cracked voice.

He quickly poured some in a glass and helped me drink. With his help I sat, I looked at myself there were a lot of bandages on me. "Are you okay" Liam asked me once again. "Jayson was also hurt, is he okay" I asked. "Yes" he said. "Did the other guy tell you who sent them" I asked him.

He had a grim look on his face and he gave me a brief nod. I knew what it meant. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall. "Did he tell where he is now" I asked. "No" Liam said, "but it's over now, they're dead" he added. "You know it's never over brother, I should have moved away when you first said it" I said.

"Enna you need to see Jayson" he said. I am dying to do that, I thought. "I don't think so Li" I said. "He's been coming daily to ask about you, he asks to just see you once but you said not to let him come to you so we don't allow him" he told me.

I wish I could tell him how much I want him to be here with me. I know me pushing him away is hurting him as well, I wish I could make him mine forever. I took in deep breaths because my throat was tightening and my heart was aching. I don't want to cry in front of Liam, I am already burdening him enough.

"Where's Becky" I asked Liam hoping to divert both of your minds. "She went to buy some medicines" he paused because we heard the door to our house open. "She's back" he smiled. We heard her coming upstairs to my room, "baby I got" she stopped when she saw me sitting on the bed.

She put everything aside and sat next to me. I could see she was equally tired and stressed, tears were welling up in her eyes. "Look who's alive" I joked. She threw herself on me and hugged me really tight. "Oomph, looks like you want to kill me" I said in painful voice because every part of my body still hurts.

"Stop saying shit like that" she said crying but loosened her grip on me. When she pulled back, I said "hey I'm fine, see just some scratches". She wiped her face "why do you do that to me, you know I almost had a heart attack when I saw you in Li's arms". "Oh, I knew you would keep me alive" I winked at her.

"I'll beat you to death someday" she said making me laugh. "Don't make me laugh it hurts" I said. "How long have I been out by the way" I asked her. "Well I sedated you because I knew once you're awake you'll do stupid things again, so yeah almost a week" she answered. "Are you kidding me, why is it taking so long for me to heal" I asked her.

She shared a look with my brother, they both looked worried. "I don't know Enna; you were hurt pretty bad. Your whole stomach and chest were open. I could see your heart" she said. I scrunched my nose "that sounds disgusting, sorry you had to fix that up". She laughed at this. "But still, sedation should not work on me to that extent" I asked.

"Enna there's something you need to know; I mean I'm not sure but this is all I could conclude" she said. Before I could say anything, Liam said "we can do all that later, you need to rest now". "I can see the worry dripping from your face brother, tell me what's wrong" I asked him. Both of them were quiet, "come on tell me, I'm fine now, tell me" I said.