Chapter 28

I collapsed; I couldn't wrap my head around everything that just happened. I did not even have the strength to wipe the tears running down my face. I didn't know how long have I been sitting here and crying.

The moon was shining brightly in the sky when I heard my father's voice calling out my name. When he saw me, he ran towards me pulled me in his arms "my princess, what happened" he asked and wiped tears off my face.

"You were right papa, everything you said was correct" I sobbed. He rocked me back and forth "what happened tell me". I repeated everything sobbing the whole time, "what did I do papa, how do I make it right" I asked.

"We can only pray that things don't go like they seem right now" he said softly. "I'm sorry, I should have listened to you. Please forgive me" I sobbed. He rubbed my back soothingly and whispered, "you don't have to apologize Amore, I know you did everything with a pure intent".

"I'm sorry, please make it right. He's my life, he fills that huge whole punched in my chest papa. He's the only hope I had to survive without a mate, please make it right. Make everything how it was before", I kept crying and repeating all this.

He picked me up in his arms and carried me to my room. He tucked me in, like he did when I was little and sat with me, saying sweet thing, telling me how much he loves his little princess. His voice helped the sleep take over me.

Time was passing, I don't how many days it has been since that night. Every day was a reminder of the mistakes I have made. The hole of emptiness was punched back in my chest, I never saw this coming.

He has not returned since that night. I don't know where he is, I don't what he is doing, I sent a few men to look out for him but they could not trace him. I still have the hope that maybe when he comes back, he will have his messed-up feeling sorted out and everything will go back to normal.

I was a strong person and even stronger lycan. Now I am just a week mess. I can't sleep and if I do, I wake up crying because of nightmares. There are moments where my lungs start closing up and I can't breathe anymore and if I am alone at that time I pass out.

Most of the nights Liam stays in my room because he is too worried for me. I keep telling him to not do this but honestly, I am glad. I feel really scared at nights, I hate the night mares, I hate panicking and passing out.

It's worse than not finding my mate. Before I was lonely and empty but I never knew what, I was exactly missing. But now, I don't have the one person I invested my whole self into. I gave him all the love I had and I don't think I will ever be able to stop.

One night, Li was setting his bed on the floor of my room, "no brother" I said. He looked at me confused "what no Enna". "Come sit with me", he left everything and sat next to me. I continued "first I want to thank you for all you've been doing for me in the past few weeks".

"You don't have to thank me sorellina" he interrupted. "No let me say it, thank you but I'm fine now and I want you to sleep in your room now, I hate seeing you sleeping on this uncomfortable setting" I said. He tried to interrupt me again but I did not allow him "I know you're worried Li but you have to take care of yourself too and I'm fine now".

He was quiet for a moment like in deep thoughts and then suddenly his eyes lit up, "Enna do you remember when we were little, sometimes you would be afraid to sleep alone". "Yeah" I said confused. "You remember I installed something in your room so that you could signal me when you were afraid and needed me" he smiled brightly.

Now I had an equally big smile on my face. When I was little, sometimes I'd get scared at night. Liam's room was down the hallway and he could not hear my voice if I would call out his name and my parents had a separate wing from ours.