2| Rich?

Manhattan, New York
September 1, 2018

After packing everything that was mine, I leash the dogs up and slowly move out of my apartment.

I look at the stairwell and the elevator. I have a carry on bag, a big suitcase, and two dogs.

"I don't want to die, so stairs it is," I sigh while opening the door to the stair well.

This is going to take forever, why did I do this? Surely it's been past thirty minutes by now.

I eventually reach the bottom, immediately finding Connor in the lobby. He no longer has on the suit I spilled my ice coffee on. However, he looks mad again.

"For one, that was longer than thirty minutes. Two, why in God's name did you take the stairs? Three, if those dogs cause a single problem with my daughter you will be sorry," he hisses.

I nod my head but don't say a word.

We walk out to a black luxury car, he must be extremely rich to have a car like this.

To my surprise, apparently he doesn't live in the city. We are getting further and further from the city. Interesting, I must be getting abducted. I'm also no longer close to my college, just great. But, I guess that wouldn't really matter if I was dead.

After five minutes in the car we arrive in a neighborhood with huge houses. The house he pulls in the driveway of is stunning!

"Wow," I gasp while getting out of the car.

Another car pulls in behind us. Connor walks over to the car and opens the back door, pulling out a beautiful little blonde girl in a yellow dress.

"Hey Olivia, how was day care?" He asks her.

"It was alright," she shrugs.

"You remember how I promised you we would find you a nanny so you wouldn't have to go to day care anymore?" He asks while sitting her on the ground.

"Yes," she nods her head.

"Well, a promise is a promise, I've got someone I want you to meet," he pulls her in my direction.

"Hi, I'm Harper," I say while kneeling down to her level.

"You're very pretty Harper, I'm Olivia," she responds.

"Thank you Olivia, you're very beautiful as well," I compliment her, making her face goes red.

"Puppies!" She shouts while running behind me towards Shasta and Apollo.

"I'll show you your new room," Connor says while walking towards the huge house and picking up Olivia.

I quickly grab my bags from the car , ordering the dogs to follow me.

As we enter the house my jaw drops, I've never seen anything so gorgeous! I should spill coffee on people more often.

"Here it is," he opens the door to a big room upstairs. I slowly walk in.

   "I'll give you some time to get settled, but, meet me in the kitchen at 5:00 P.M," he tells me before shutting the door.

   Gosh is it already that late? I pull my phone out to check the time, 4:30 P.M.

   "Shasta, Apollo, how am I going to tell him I attend college four days a week from 8-12?" I plop down on the bed.

   I quickly unpack everything before rushing downstairs to find the kitchen. It takes me a couple of minutes to find , but, I eventually stumble across it.

   "Don't you want to have this meeting when your wife is here or something?" I ask while slowly walking into the kitchen.

   "I don't have a wife," he says lowly.

He must be divorced.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't know, I-" he cuts me off before I could finish.

   "It's fine, but please sit. I just need to know some basic things about you, okay? How old are you?" He asks.

   "Eighteen," I respond while sitting down.

   "Where are you from?"

   "Nashville, Tennessee."

   He continues to ask basic questions until the one I was dreading comes up.

   "Are you currently in college?" He asks.

   "Uhh, no," I shake my head.

   I just lied to him. I just lied him. I. Just. Lied. To. Him. But why wouldn't he asks me that before giving me this job?

   I am so screwed.

   "Great, you'll start tomorrow. Olivia doesn't wake up until 12:15 P.M so that gives you the morning to do whatever around the house. But do not leave her home alone. Got that? After four months if you insist on leaving, you may leave. Also, I am home Friday  through Sunday," he dismisses me and I return to my room.

   12:15 P.M. If I leave her here, like Connor told me not to do, I can go to college Monday through Thursday and they'll never find out, right? How could I do that do her? That's horrible, but I don't have much choice.