42|New House

October 3, 2018
New York City, New York

I insisted on returning to school today, as well as Olivia. Both of us went shopping and bought a lot of new clothes.

"What kind of crazy person is in the hospital one day, then back at school the next?" A girl sitting beside me asks. I believe her name is Kayla.

"Me apparently," I laugh.

"Where are you guys staying currently?" Another person barges in on Kayla and I's conversation.

"We're staying in one of Connor's apartments, but I think we're looking at houses tonight," I explain to the small group that has now formed around my desk.

"That must be so cool, you know, dating a rich person," a girl says before sighing.

"It's no different from dating a normal income person," I admit.

"I would do anything just to get my hands on that boy," a girl dressed in revealing clothing whispers.

"Touch him and I'll snap your neck," I hiss.

The girl immediately quits talking and directs her attention back to our assigned worksheet.

Later that day, I arrive at the apartment with Olivia. The dogs happily greet us at the door. Thank the lord the dogs were outside whenever the fire happened, because I don't know if I would have been able to get them outside to safety. But, all of Connor's cars are destroyed, I know he is really upset about them.

   "So, snapping necks now are we?" Connor asks while walking up to us.

   He is home surprisingly early.

   "Look, she wanted a piece of you and I had to make it clear that it was not happening," I defend my words.

   "Violence is never the answer, Olivia remember that," he points at her.

   "How did you find out about that anyway?" I question, curious as to how something that happened in my second hour college class would be brought to his attention.

"Well, a video has surfaced the internet," he shrugs while pulling out his phone and showing me a clip. Sure enough it is me, telling the girl off for saying she would do anything to get her hands on Connor.

"Yeah, yeah. Why are you home so early?" I ask.

"Because we're looking at a house in twenty minutes, so let's go," he turns Olivia and I around to face the door.

"But daddy, I'm hungry," Olivia cries.

"I'm hungry too," I complain.

"I promise we'll get something to eat after we look at the house, but, come on we're never going to make it there at this rate," Connor pushes us out the door.

After a couple minutes on busy streets, Connor becomes very frustrated.

"See, I told you we needed to get going!" Connor hits the steering wheel.

"Oh yes, because the one minute Olivia and I spent talking about food would've made a difference, oh wait it wouldn't!" I fire back, causing Olivia to laugh.

"I guess we won't make it in time, we better just get food," Olivia chimes in, pretending to be upset.

"That's it, we're taking a back road," he says before quickly turning and speeding down a bunch of streets that I didn't even know existed.

"Connor slow down, you're going to get pulled over!" Was what I continued to yell until eventually the car stopped at a beautiful mansion with a very secure gate surrounding it.

"Hello Mr. Humphrey, pleasure to see you again," a man in a business suit standing in front of Connor says.

"You too, Mr. Orville," Connor shakes the man's hand before he unlocks a passcode on the huge gate to take us up the driveway.

To say it's stunning would be an understatement.

The beautiful white exterior and all the gorgeous landscaping really makes the house pop.

"Connor, it's perfect," I pull on his arm like a little kid would do to their parent.

A gorgeous fountain is placed in front of the house with the drive way circling around it.

"Shall we start the tour?" Mr. Orville asks us.

"No need, we'll take it," Connor responds.

"But Connor, don't you want see the inside?" I turn towards him.

"I saw the way your eyes lit up when we first saw the house. You love this house Harper, and from the pictures I saw online, you'll love the inside just as much," he reassures me.

"Alright sir, would you like to offer a full price payment of 37.6 million dollars?" Mr. Orville pulls his phone out of his pocket.

37.6 MILLION dollars? Who has that kind of money to just spend on houses? Connor does apparently.

"Yes absolutely, I would like to close on this deal as soon as possible," he tells Mr. Orville who nods his head before quickly rushing away to call the original owner.

"Connor, I'm so sorry. None of this would have happened if I didn't interview that stupid guy," I sigh.

"It actually never would have happened if I didn't rewrite your essay," he corrects me.

"It's okay, he deserved it anyway," I say before tightly hugging him.