18 - When The Cat Shows Its Claws

"What the hell is this?"

"This is your therapy session." Andrew answered giving me a round plate from the floor. There were about 25 more of those on there.

"And what am I supposed to do with this?" I asked feeling a little conflicted about whether I should have ran away from there or stay and watch where this situation would take me.

"Throw it against that wall." Andrew smirked and pointed at the wall which was scratched all over it, probably from all the other 'therapy sessions' he had before me.

"And how exactly is that going to help me?" I hesitated.

"Stop thinking and just do it, okay. It'll be satisfying, trust me." He smiled again with a teasing look in his eyes as if he was challenging me.

"Give me that." I snatched the plate away from his hands and held it with mine. "But what if I get hurt?"

"That's why you're wearing those." Andrew put his finger on the plastic glasses I was wearing to protect my eyes.

"Yeah, but those are only for my eyes, what if..." He cut me off before I was able to finish.

"Jeez, just stop worrying about nonsense and do it already. It's perfectly safe, I've done it a million times before." Andrew snapped and yelled.

I got a little scared for a moment but soon I felt anger rising in my bones and I just threw the plate at the wall as hard as I could. It shattered into thousands of pieces and I instantly took a step back.

"Well, that was fun!" I cracked a smile, feeling proud of my 'accomplishment.'

"See, I told you it would feel great." Andrew answered.

"How often do you do this yourself?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I don't usually do this." He responded.

"Didn't you just say that you've done this a million times a second ago?" I said with an angry expression.

"I meant that I come to this place whenever I feel stressed. But I don't throw plates at walls. To be honest, I prefer more aggressive sessions, like boxing."

"Oh, why don't we go there then? I'm pretty aggressive right now." I replied but he shook his head instantly.

"That's not safe for you. You got hurt pretty badly and if something else happens..." Andrew stopped for a moment and touched his hair. "Look, you were just so frustrated when we got out from Ms. Ziegler's house that I thought it would be a good idea if you relieved some stress and anger. If you don't want to do it we can just go back at home and get some sleep."

"No, that's not what I meant." I answered. "I'll gladly throw some plates at walls. It does feel satisfying if I'm being honest."

To prove my point, I took another plate and threw it at the wall and it shattered just like the first one. I didn't lie, I really did feel better after this 'therapy session.'

Then I grabbed another one and soon almost half of the plates were vanished. This is better than beating people up. I mean, at least I won't go to jail for breaking dishes. Is it weird that this whole situation reminds me of Adele's music video for ''Rolling in the Deep''? I remember the first time I watched that video I didn't understand what it was about, I just saw few cups flying towards the wall and then there was a mountain of shattered glass on the floor.

I kept singing the lyrics of that song in my mind, I mean the ones that I remembered. Which wasn't much, I mostly am not that good at remembering lyrics so the fact that I only knew the chorus of the song isn't shocking at all.