33 - Sweet Nightmares

Jesse's POV.

"Wait, where are we?" I asked staring at a giant Ferris wheel that was spinning around right in front of me.

"C'mon, it's our turn!" Lucy said cheerfully and grabbed onto my arm.

"But I'm afraid of heights. I can't sit on that!" I replied and tried to slip away from her grip. "Also I don't remember coming here. How did we get here?"

"Oh, Lucy drove us here while you were asleep." Felicity answered with actual words and my jaw almost dropped onto the ground.

"Felicity? You can talk?" I couldn't believe my ears. I was so excited I almost started jumping like a little kid.

"Yeah, I guess." She replied with a big smile on her face.

"You sound just like I imagined you would. That is so weird." I was so confused I didn't even know how to react to her miraculous recovery.

"We can talk about that later but now I want to ride this." Felicity pointed at the Ferris wheel  which I was so desperately trying to escape from. I shook my head in denial but she tried to convince me with the puppy eyes. "Oh, please, can't you just do me this one favor? It'll be fun, trust me!"

I didn't want to be the buzzkill so I finally agreed even though I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it. "I'm not sure about the fun but it'll definitely be hella scary."

I sat next to Lucy and Felicity and soon the Ferris wheel started spinning again, only this time it felt like it was going much faster. I was scared that it might break and we would all end up falling. I closed my eyes and held my friends' hands, hoping that this would help my anxiety attack. Unsurprisingly that didn't help at all.

Thankfully the machine stopped pretty soon and I was able to open my eyes again but when I did that I was all alone. I couldn't find any of my friends and I had no idea where they could have gone.

"Lucy! Felicity!" I called for them but there was no answer. "Where are you guys?"

I looked around but I couldn't see them anywhere. But I had no idea why they'd just leave me all alone when it was their idea to come here in the first place.

"If you guys are pranking me stop it!" I tried to sound unbothered but I was very much bothered by their sudden disappearance. "It's really not that funny. Come out now, stop messing with me!"

I walked forward to see if they were hiding somewhere nearby but there was nothing there. This place was so crowded just a second ago but after I opened up my eyes everyone disappeared.

Few moments later I heard footsteps behind me so I thought my friends finally decided to show themselves. I breathed out thinking that this stupid prank was finally over but boy was I wrong.

"You guys are so childish! Why'd you do that?" I turned around to face my friends but my smile quickly dropped when I saw my cousin Dylan standing in front of me. His face was expressionless and his eyes were freezing cold.

Just a second ago I could see the stars in the sky but now the darkest clouds were covering everything. I heard a thunder and my heart skipped a beat. The lightning covered the entire area and I saw frightening shadows running through my cousin's face. That startled me and I fell on my butt.

He started closing the distance between us but I got scared and tried to get up. Somehow he managed to get closer to me before I was able to stand up and his hand grabbed onto my shirt near my neck. His fingers were pulling my skin through my shirt and that made it hard for me to breathe.