CHAPTER THIRTEEN

ANNE'S POV

"So?" I twirled around. "its gorgeous baby. Buy it." Jason answered not bothering to even look up from some game on his mobile. Typical boys. "you said that about the previous three dresses as well!" I rolled my eyes. "because you look stunning in anything you wear. Babe you'll look beautiful even if you wear a brown paper bag." He commented. "aren't you the flatter." "always babe." He winked. I decided to try on one last dress to wear for the charity ball and auction. I stepped back into my changing room and slid on the dress.

I slid my dress on. "damn, I look hot! This is it. This is the dress." I murmured to myself. "Jason is so not ready to see me in this." I was wearing a pale blue off-shoulder gown that clung to my hour-glass shaped body structure. It had a respectable V-neck that showed the right amount of cleavage, not making it look slutty. The material flowed freely from my waist. It had a nice long cut on the left, allowing me to show off my slender legs. The waistline had lace wrapped around and tiny white roses occupied the shoulders.

I stepped outside and waited for Jason's eyes to leave his screen. "oh. My. God. Anne!" he gushed as he pulled me closer into his arms. "you look..." he drew in a breath. "I don't have words baby." I smirked. "now this is what happens when you leave your phone and look at your girlfriend." He started tickling my sides. "okay. Okay. Stop." I laughed. "there's just one thing missing." He said. "what's that?" he pulled out the Haleston bracelet from his pocket. "this" he replied as he held it out in front of me. "it matches your dress perfectly. Especially since you dress has roses as well."

"oh, the significance the roses have currently in our lives." I joked dramatically. "I am being serious Anne. You look gorgeous, just like a rose, my rose." He whispered. "okay then. I'll wear it tomorrow." I smiled. "good. Now can you please buy the dress and can we leave? These dresses are making it stuffy in here." he whined. "chill cry-baby. Let me get changed first."

JASON'S POV

"Anne? Babe seriously? How long do you take to get dressed up? Roger and I have been waiting since ever." I said. "coming. Just one minute." She yelled from our room. Roger and I were wearing tuxedos. He was carrying a white eye mask, whereas I was carrying a black one, matching Anne's. as soon as she stepped outside, a smiled decorated her face, "you both look extremely dashing tonight." "thank you." Roger and I grinned at the same time. I glanced her from head to toe. My girl was simply beautiful. I felt truly blessed.

We reached promptly at 8pm. Chauffeur driven cars filled the area. We did not want to drive back home, so we hired a car instead. We wore our masks on. The doormen pushed open the doors for us. Chandeliers and soft jazz music greeted us. I was astounded by the grandeur of the place. The Pane's sure knew how to throw a party. Waiters offered us some champagne. We mingled with the rest of the guests. A clinking of glass caught our attention. Several heads turned towards the voice. It was unmistakably David's. "ladies and gentlemen if you will join me and my lovely wife in the ballroom. We shall be dancing the 1920's waltz."

"may I have this dance, my lady?" I asked Anne in a fake British accent. "you may." She smiled as she slid her hand into mine. I led her into the ballroom. Meanwhile, Roger was dancing with a girl he just met at the party. Anne and I bowed, and gracefully swayed to the music, our feet matching every beat of the rhythm. Once the dance ended, the auction took place. David removed his mask before addressing the crowd again. "we will now begin with the auction in the memory of my beloved daughter, Melissa. as you know, proceeds from this evening will be going to the Little Hands children's center where Melissa was a volunteer. I'd now like to hand off my speaking duties to the master of ceremonies, Mr. Michael Tenor."

Heavy applause filled the room. "Thank you, Mr. Pane. Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Let's kick off the auction with the first item on the list- the artist Mr. Valentino's painting 'One lost girl'. The biding starts at 10,000 dollars. Do we have ten thousand dollars?" "ten thousand dollars!" a man in a grey suit called out. "we have a bid at ten. Do I hear a fifteen?" the MC asked. the painting was finally sold at a whopping price of twenty-five thousand dollars.

When Blood Runs Bad (COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें